Conversion kits

Cathryn

I've been shopping for an ebike and I haven't found the exact bike. Easy Motion Evo Street is looking good except I think I need a bigger motor than 350w due to my weight. I have a regular bicycle that is perfect for me and now looking at conversion. I'm not mechanically inclined and at a loss. My bike is a Trek comfort bike, step through ladies frame with 26in tires. Shifters are little not twisting. I think 21 settings. Thanks!

More weight = more torque. If you don't think that 350w is strong enough, then you need to do some more digging. Lance Armstrong's general output, and that of most professional cyclist output about 250-350w of energy. So go test ride some ebikes, and feel the power, don't just guess. I'm 5'11 and 277 lbs and a tiny e-Joe epik light hauled my ass around in no time.

Key info here is TEST RIDE.

Hi Kaldeem, thank you, yes I must have test rides for sure to really get an idea of what I need. :)

I've been shopping for an ebike and I haven't found the exact bike. Easy Motion Evo Street is looking good except I think I need a bigger motor than 350w due to my weight. I have a regular bicycle that is perfect for me and now looking at conversion. I'm not mechanically inclined and at a loss. My bike is a Trek comfort bike, step through ladies frame with 26in tires. Shifters are little not twisting. I think 21 settings. Thanks!

For someone who is not mechanically inclined, I would suggest a pre-built bike instead of conversion.
EVo Street is more "bike" like than "e" but you say that you have had two surgeries, so try something like Pedego Boomerang Plus or Step-thru Interceptor. Currie Izip E3 path plus also comes to my mind.

Back