Controller upgrades

plochez

Region
USA
I have a couple of controllers for 48v and a 36v motors that support a basic hand throttle, I'm looking to change to controllers that support an LCD with various PAS levels and a thumb throttle.

Curious if anyone in Nor Cal has already done this and could share some learnings. I've watched several YouTubes on this and it looks a bit daunting to figure out the correct wiring changes.

Check out the KT controllers. Available everywhere, and with many configurations. Popular among DIYer's.

thanks, I will. i think i can figure out most of the wiring, but thinking about going from the 5 wire hand throttle to a separate LCD and thumb throttle has me
a bit challenged. I don't want to blow the controller out! have you done this your self?

You probably cannot add an LCD to your existing controller. No connector for it.

If you buy a controller, you should buy it with the recommended LCD to ensure you get two compatible units. At this point, you might as well buy a new throttle, so the connector will match. A throttle is a $10 part if you buy it stand alone. Probably a lot less, when included with a controller. Might as well add the PAS sensor too. Buy it all at the same time, and consolidate shipping and get matching connectors. Buy a dual voltage 36V/48V controller too, You can use it with either battery or multiple motors,

Back