Considering the 2017 All Mountain 7 and possibly the 2017 Full 7

Marc Webster

Hello All,

I test rode a 2017 all mountain 7 and all mountain 6.5 and really like the all mountain 7 mostly due to preferring the way the Bosch felt over the Yamaha. I also tested the Giant and specialized Levo. My LBS has quoted me $3800 out the door for the 2017 AM7 and also there is a used Am7 near me on Craigslist for $3300 but I bet I could offer $2800 and possibly get it. Owner has only owned it a few months. My only concern is with a bike this expensive it may make sense to just buy new and be the owner on the warranty. If I buy used I assume the warranty is non transferable. Unless perhaps its just tied to the receipt and the used bike owner has the original receipt. Perhaps take the $1000 savings on used and buy a second battery?

Also the 2017 Full 7 will be here in December for me to try. Its the black one with the orange Fox forks. I am more a fan of Fox over Rockshox so I am also leaning toward waiting, but in doing so I risk the Am7 in my size being out of stock as well as the used bike.

Most of my current riding is XC based but mostly because I cant climb for crap. I like good technical singletrack, but not too extreme and maybe the Full 7 is more close to what I am used to. However, I have to say the Am7 I rode with the mid wide tires felt amazing and I may end up becoming a better rider due to the AM7 capabilities..

I am located in the Los Angeles area and looking for advice on all of this.

The current FullSeven 7,0 S is the same bike as the 2016 FullSeven S Pro in a separate thread.
You need to be clear about which Bosch drive you prefer.
The S version is 63nM torque but 28 mph, great for XC and what I chose.
The Cx version is 75nM torque, 20 mph and much more useful for technical/climbing singletrack.
Good luck with your choice, I really like my Haibike with the Bosch Performance S drive.
Here's a good review. http://sandiegoflyrides.com/2017-bosch-electric-bike-motors/

The current FullSeven 7,0 S is the same bike as the 2016 FullSeven S Pro in a separate thread.
You need to be clear about which Bosch drive you prefer.
The S version is 63nM torque but 28 mph, great for XC and what I chose.
The Cx version is 75nM torque, 20 mph and much more useful for technical/climbing singletrack.
Good luck with your choice, I really like my Haibike with the Bosch Performance S drive.
Here's a good review. http://sandiegoflyrides.com/2017-bosch-electric-bike-motors/
I ended up buying a second had (nearly new) 2017 All Mountian 7 and will be picking it up today. Got it under 3K and figure its a good deal and a much better bike than I am as a rider as most of my riding for the last 20 years has been XC related and I hate climbing. This will get me th help in climbing yet still give me the range to play on trails I would never be able to access in the past. Its all steep uphill from my house everywhere so im looking forward to biking more since the climb anxiety is gone.

Hi Marc, do you mind sharing the LBS you got the deal for Haibike 2017 AM7, I am also in the market for a similar model (or the same). thanks

Back