Considering a few different folders (1st ebike)

MGAubrey

Region
USA
I've been thinking about ebikes for over a year now and I'm finally ready, I think, to jump in.

I'm looking at folding bikes that are compact enough easily get into our Prius. My budget maxes at ~$1600. And I know size and weight and quality are better if I could go up higher. I can't. Something like the Evelo Dash is out of the question.

Options I'm currently thinking about:

BikeLongest SideShortest SideMiddleVolumeLbs
Blix Vika+ (EBR measurements)35
21.5​
29​
21822.5​
55lbs​
Blix Vika+ Flex36
21​
28​
21168​
55lbs​
Jupiter x736
17​
25​
15300​
???​
Lectric XP 2.0 Step Thru37
18​
27​
17982​
63lbs​
Qualipsorts Dolphin32.7
18.9​
27.5​
16995.825​
48lbs​
Qualipsorts Dolphin (EBR measurements)33
14.5​
28.5​
13637.25​
48lbs​

I'm genuinely surprised, that the Vika+ is listed as being as large as this when folded. I never would have expect it to be larger by volume than the Lectric XP 2.0 when folded.

I think right now I'm leaning toward the Dolphin, but I'd prefer a step through since it'll be shared between my wife and I. I think if I the Vika+ models were smaller folded they'd probably win out.

Personal, but totally uninformed, rankings:
  1. Dolphin
  2. Vika+ Flex
  3. Vika+
  4. Lectric XP 2.0 Step Thru
  5. Jupiter x7
Priorities Ranked:
  1. Folded Size
  2. Step-thru
  3. Battery size/power/range
  4. Price (within my already defined bounds)
  5. Weight
Suggestions, advice, opinions, etc. are wholly welcome!

Thanks!

Since I haven't gotten any replies, perhaps I should ask a separate follow up question:

Is this a good time to buy? Or are often there Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales for Ebikes that would be worth waiting a bit to take advantage of?

Welcome to EBR MGAubrey.

I'm not really focused on folding bikes or step through but as I was unable to get what I wanted at first because of out of stock issues I did consider getting a Sondors Step. Then just as I was thinking about it they came out as a bike featured/sold at Costco. There should be some of those for sale used with 10 or 20 (or zero) miles on them by now.

When researching that bike I saw I guy do a review of it on Youtube that put it in the back of a Prius - I believe it was.

No, not a Prius. If it looked interesting EBR has a review of it.

Back