Fastest eBike for 6'2" rider <$2K

Before going with the highly modified production bike plan I've been on lately (starting with an inexpensive e-bike that has "good bones"), I built 2 bikes starting with a "donor" bike. These were both purchased brand new at WalMart for about 200. Might be worth looking in to. They taught me a TON! -Al

This weekend we're going to sit down to buy, but I don't want to spend a fortune for me but will go new (probably the Lectric 2.0, or if I don't want a folder and splurge maybe the Aventon Level or Adventure step through) . . . .
I think you'll be surprisingly happy with the Lectric folder. I'm 6' and have had mine for a year now and it still amazes me every time I take it out - You'll have a very hard time finding more bike for the buck. You can convert them to Class 3, but I've never been tempted. Be careful letting your husband borrow it . . . . . :p

Don

Have a look at the Aventon Pace 500 for both of you. It comes in the high step and step through. Class 3 with max assisted speed of 28mph. They are less than 2K and you can't beat it's value for the money. Only caveat is the bike can be jerky off the line. I'm not sure if Aventon has addressed this issue or not.
Like the Aventon Level better. Bigger motor, hydrolic brakes,

Back