Como front axle

pzay

I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. 600KM on the ODO. Stopped at a red light, noticed the front wheel jigging side to side. Took a closer look and the front through axel had come loose from the left side. Did I lose a nut or some part on the right side that allowed this to happen?

Attachments

• 20200819_154502.jpg
    20200819_154502.jpg
    339.6 KB · Views: 282
  • 20200819_154556.jpg
    20200819_154556.jpg
    193.5 KB · Views: 294
I wonder if this has happened to anyone else. 600KM on the ODO. Stopped at a red light, noticed the front wheel jigging side to side. Took a closer look and the front through axel had come loose from the left side. Did I lose a nut or some part on the right side that allowed this to happen?

It's a nice reminder to take the allen wrench and check those suckers! They need to be pretty snug but not nuts.

You're not missing anything, it's just backed out a touch.

Thank you Brendon, It's a relief if I'm not missing anything on the right side. I am a little surprised the axle will come out like that on its own after a few weeks of riding... hopefully it was just bad luck.

Thank you Brendon, It's a relief if I'm not missing anything on the right side. I am a little surprised the axle will come out like that on its own after a few weeks of riding... hopefully it was just bad luck.
The torque spec is 15Nm which is surprisingly tight. I'd mention this to my LBS.

Chalk it up to bad luck and keep in mind these little things can happen. You should be happy you noticed it and know to keep an eye for little things like this!

Back