Clicking sound coming from head tube when stationary and turning handlebars

Pay Jota

I have a 2019 Rad Rover that I have had a little over two weeks. Just passed 200 miles on it. It's been flawless right out of the box.

But about 100 miles in, there is this noticeably loud clicking sound that appears to be coming from the head tube area. I hear it when I am stationary and rotate the handlebars left and right. Anyone else have this sound?

The head tube needs to be greased
My RadRover also has this sound. Waiting to receive fenders in the mail to have both addressed at the shop.

What's in there? Sounds like a cog of some sort. It's a very uniform (in frequency and volume) clicking, as the handlebars are rotated.

Video of the noise. Surprisingly louder than you would think.

I had the same problem on my White one. The Black one was fine. Tech Support recommends a Lubing. I took the headset off and applied a very small amount of Park Tool PPL-1 PolyLube 1000 Lubricant on the top and bottom. Took less than 30 minutes. I have never done that before. Pay attention to the ordering of all the parts as you remove them. I was lucky enough to have another one to compare it too. be careful not to drop the forks they are completely loose after loosening the headset. The bearings are sealed so I push as much as I could into the cracks and closed it back up.

Back