Clean Free-hub on Neo Jumper

Mtnm

When I walk my bike forward the pedals turn with the bike instead of having a free wheel action.

I'm unsure of the cause, but am guessing some type of dirt is in the free-hub.
I have some understanding of how to take apart and clean a free-wheel, but am not sure of the difference in cleaning the free-hub of a NeoJumper.

My thought was to take off the cassette and clean things.
Obviously I've already tried the simple cleaning steps.

Any links or suggestions are much appreciated.

Mike
Colorado, USA

Until a proper mechanic shows up; I imagine you will have to go a little deeper than the cassette, just be prepared to capture all the little ball bearings.

It is a pretty standard cassette. You can remove the cog cluster with the proper tools (chain whip and free hub tool) and clean it. Disassembling the cassette is a bit of a more difficult task, so if cleaning it and lubing it doesn't do it you might be a candidate for a warranty replacement. It's most likely some debris stuck in there though.

I posted in the other thread, but so it's here for reference, Park FR-5 is the one. It's standard for the Shimano Cassette. You'll also need a chain whip.

Thanks Levi.
It does pedal freely backwards.
I did try squirting small amounts of TriFlow between the cassette gears.
Also I wash using one of those brushes which looks like a large tooth brush to get between the gears.

Mike
Colorado USA

The oil doesn't go between the gears. If you are looking at the cassette from the front it goes just above the spline where a cassette tool goes in. There is a split or a crack between the top part and the middle part inside that crack you put the tri-flow oil in. Hope this helps. Also for more info on cassettes look on Sheldon browns website for more info.

The oil doesn't go between the gears. If you are looking at the cassette from the front it goes just above the spline where a cassette tool goes in. There is a split or a crack between the top part and the middle part inside that crack you put the tri-flow oil in. Hope this helps. Also for more info on cassettes look on Sheldon browns website for more info.
Thank you, very helpful.
Mike

If anybody could post a picture it would help me understand. I went to sheldons site and didn't find it

Thx

Opimax here is an illustration. I hope this helps

Attachments

• f.jpg
    f.jpg
    166 KB · Views: 393
Helps? If the oil saw the picture I am sure it just jump there lol ! About the only thing better, thx much!

Mark

Back