Class 3 ebike throttle separate from peddling, no peddle assist.

terrygar

Looking for a 25mph throttle and no peddle assist on an mtn, road bike.
Have a great prodecotech Outlaw SS and the company is out of business so no parts.
Need a new reliable company and bike.

Was discussing ebikes with a neighbor and he wanted an electric bike in which he didn't have to pedal. I told him they're commonly called mopeds. 😏

He wants an ebike, but doesn't want to pedal?

There are plenty of ebikes with throttle, peddling is optional; no one said you have to self-propel under your own power or with PAS.

I barely pedal on my ebike, to each their own.

Check out Biktrix, Ariel Rider, Dost, Juiced....there are quite a few ebike manufacturers that have throttle that go at 28.

I barely pedal on my ebike, to each their own.

Check out Biktrix, Ariel Rider, Dost, Juiced....there are quite a few ebike manufacturers that have throttle that go at 28.
What class do they sell them as? They don’t appear to fit any of the 3 classes.

What class do they sell them as?
It's usually can be set up as class 3 sold, but all these bikes can easily unlocked by user for higher speed. Ariel Rider, Biktrix & Juiced have bikes that can go 30+mph throttle alone.

I do not believe they can be considered class 3 if they have a throttle. And they can not be class 2 if they go over 20 mph assisted. Am I mistaken?

I do not believe they can be considered class 3 if they have a throttle. And they can not be class 2 if they go over 20 mph assisted. Am I mistaken?

Class 3 means pedal assist up to 28, but can also include throttle up to 20.

Class 2 means pedal assist and throttle up to 20.

Once unlocked you are going into your own user liability and 'off road' use...since its not technically legal on streets.

Yeah marketing terms makes things a bit weird now, but I would say most ebike companies are having Class 2/3 combined into unlocked categories.

Needless to say, I’m now very confused....

This from Aventon bicycles website

5E9CCC54-CA97-4573-9873-2406797BEF9E.png

Back