Clarification, please...

67Tony

So, after reading about the 0-12 mph acceleration in PAS 1, is it possible to cruise along at 8 or 10 mph in PAS 1?
Is the only way to maintain this leisurely speed to turn off the PAS?

PAS won't turn on until you make ~3/4 revolution of pedals. Lower your cadence and skip some reolutions and you'll be well under 10 mph. Heck, I won't even make 6 mph when pedaling leisurely without PAS :)

I understand ambling leisurely without PAS, but wonder exactly how PAS 1 works.
Are you saying that in while in PAS 1, you can pedal a rotation so the motor kicks in, then immediately stop pedaling to keep you speed down? Does the motor immediately shut down when you stop pedaling? We have not ridden one yet, so I'm trying to visualize how this sensor and controller works for slower paces. Thanks, by the way, for your explanations!

When you use PAS1 and start to peddle, you can not go below 12mph. The only way that I’m aware of going below 12 is to use the throttle. It is variable speed and you could get it steady at 8 MPH, but in order to activate It , you have to pedal about one quarter, and if you remove your thumb from the throttle, you have to reactivate it by peddling one quarter. This is the only issue I have with Aventon. Aventon states that it is a safety issue.

You can go slow on PAS 1 if you have to.
One thing you can do is to skip every 2nd or every 3rd pedals revolution - the motor will run momentarily, stop, run again and so on, average speed will be low but uneven.

Another option is to go into display settings and reduce max speed to 30 kmh (19 mph), then max speed on PAS 1 will be ~10 mph. This setting doesn't affect the throttle.

It is also surprisingly easy to peddle at PAS0. That’s what I do when I want to have maximum control and I can still get it to 10-12 mph without too much effort at all.

Shouldn't have worried about this before riding it.
My wife got used to things very quickly, and absolutely loves it.

PAS 0, using the throttle on uphills, is very easy.
PAS 1, with occasional pedaling, keeps a slower speed if she wants it, and is also very easy.
PAS 2-5, if she wants to cruise way ahead of me, while turning around and grinning frequently!

I've reminded both her and her friend to not ignore the mechanical gears, choosing the appropriate cog (or number!) depending on the terrain encountered and speed desired.

I put two of the Pace 500's together recently, and was overall very impressed.
I took some notes...and will post a new thread with some tips and observations soon.

Another way to control the motor input is to keep the brake adjusted such that the actual pads do not engage when pulling just a little on the lever. The brake lever sensor will stop the motor. I am new at this ( today) so please correct me if I am wrong.

Good morning and welcome Rondak, personally I don’t know the mechanics of the bike, but I would never play with the brakes. It’s probably the most important part of the bike. Your wife has the best strategy for riding her bike.

Back