City Commuter

Roger Grissom

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying one soon. How do y'all like yours and do y'all recommend them after owning one for awhile?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Roger

How do y'all like yours

:D I think you'll find most people very much like their bikes......think preaching to the choir. If you enjoy riding a bicycle you can hardly go wrong buying or converting a bike to electric. You have a very large selection of bikes and kits to look at and consider; good luck!

Court J.

@Roger Grissom the lesson I've learned so far, while climbing my learning curve, is that one's satisfaction depends to a large degree on a) how suitable it is for your particular needs and b) how it 'feels' to you when you ride it. To the extent that's true for you, praise and/or cautions to you from others will only help so much.

2 months with 2 28 step thru city commuters. 75yo with a partial knee replacement. Couldn't bike on my prior giant 21 spd. Now wife and I get out 3x week in San Diego. Love them. Dealers are negotiable.

I have an Intercepter, 24", and I love this bike. The Commuter doesn't have a 24".

This was my 3rd ebike in a year. The handling, comp display, softer ride, handlebars... sound familiar?

I just looked at the Commuter, nice looking bike. Because I needed the 24", I didn't look at the Commuter. Can anyone tell me what the difference is, between the Interceptor and the Commuter?

From what I briefly read, the style, 8 lbs lighter, is the only difference. I think that they have the same battery, wattage, etc

Hi all, I'm thinking of buying one soon. How do y'all like yours and do y'all recommend them after owning one for awhile?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Roger
Hi Roger. With Pedego, the most important part of any bike (or model) is the rider. Because of that, I'd say your choice depends on your preferred riding position. On a City Commuter, you will tend to lean forward a bit more. So if you're used to that, it's a good fit. The Ridge Rider also requires the rider to lean forward more, and we're selling some of those to longtime road bike riders who prefer that position. Personally, I found that the arthritis in my hands is a factor. If I ride for more than 20 - 30 miles on a City Commuter, I start to feel the results of leaning on them. So for me, a cruiser style is more comfortable for longer rides. And I love riding an Interceptor or Stretch cargo bike on longer rides. The functionality of the City Commuters and the Interceptors is essentially the same, especially if you choose a City Commuter with a 48-volt battery. So, make it a choice for comfort.

Back