City Commuter Top Speed

Citycrosser

I'm considering a Pedego City Commuter for my daughter but would like to raise the top speed. It appears this was possible on older models but perhaps not on a left over 2018 model. Can anyone confirm if the top speed can be raised from 20 to 25 mph or higher?

From June/July this year, Pedego maximum speed is 20. Older bikes have a max speed of 24.9. All of the bikes have a controller top speed setting adjustment on the controller (see youtube videos!), and you can adjust the top speed (on my bike, up to 24.9.)

In my own experience, I generally don't exceed 20mph of assistance in either recreation or commuting (2500 miles on my bike and counting). Very rarely. I hope you and your daughter can ride some bikes to get a sense of the riding experience and if this works for you.

I'm not a dealer or Pedego-related business person, just a happy Pedego cyclist. We are a 4-Pedego ebiking family.

From June/July this year, Pedego maximum speed is 20. Older bikes have a max speed of 24.9. All of the bikes have a controller top speed setting adjustment on the controller (see youtube videos!), and you can adjust the top speed (on my bike, up to 24.9.)

In my own experience, I generally don't exceed 20mph of assistance in either recreation or commuting (2500 miles on my bike and counting). Very rarely. I hope you and your daughter can ride some bikes to get a sense of the riding experience and if this works for you.

I'm not a dealer or Pedego-related business person, just a happy Pedego cyclist. We are a 4-Pedego ebiking family.

Perfect. We do plan on test riding some in the coming weeks. Thank you for the info.

I own three Pedego Platinum Interceptors. The two I bought in march of 2018 had the "old" controller. The one I got in July had a "new" one. After some option changes, the top speed on all three bikes is now around 25 mph.

A video on how to change the top speed is available here:

The only difference I found was the new controller was programmed at the factory for a 20 mph top speed where as the old one was set at 24.9 mph.

I'm not sure why Pedego publishes a 20 mph top speed for most of their bikes. Perhaps it is a legal consideration for class 2 e-bikes in some states??

The current version of Pedego software does not allow top speed to be raised above 20mph. You can still change it as described in this thread, but 20 is the now highest setting.

I asked about this and learned that this is to comply with 3 class ebike laws that passed in my state in Spring 2018. Maybe this is now the top assisted or throttle speed for all Pedego "Class 2" ebikes?

Back