Choosing which Satiator to purchase

Babrassiler

I just purchased the Bulls Lacuba e45 and have been commuting approx. 36 miles a day on it. I've been having to carry the charger with me to top back up to 80% so I can make the trip home in the evening. I'm a little worried that I'll damage the charger in my pannier so I've decided it's time to purchase a second charger.

The Lacuba uses a Rosenberger connection so I was initially considering purchasing a second charger identical to the one that came with the bike (approx. $180) however after doing some research I noticed that the Satiator gets very favorable reviews and can charge other batteries. I'd like in the coming years to purchase a cargo bike so the Satiator would be the way to go. The BMZ battery on the Bulls is a 37V, 17.5Ah. Should I purchase the 4808 model which has a range of 24V-52V?

I just purchased the Bulls Lacuba e45 and have been commuting approx. 36 miles a day on it. I've been having to carry the charger with me to top back up to 80% so I can make the trip home in the evening. I'm a little worried that I'll damage the charger in my pannier so I've decided it's time to purchase a second charger.

The Lacuba uses a Rosenberger connection so I was initially considering purchasing a second charger identical to the one that came with the bike (approx. $180) however after doing some research I noticed that the Satiator gets very favorable reviews and can charge other batteries. I'd like in the coming years to purchase a cargo bike so the Satiator would be the way to go. The BMZ battery on the Bulls is a 37V, 17.5Ah. Should I purchase the 4808 model which has a range of 24V-52V?
That 17.5ah bmz battery should do 36 miles standing on it's head..that's a big battery for a mid drive.
How do you like your e45?

That 17.5ah bmz battery should do 36 miles standing on it's head..that's a big battery for a mid drive.
How do you like your e45?
I thought it would be more than enough battery too! I'm in MA and it's still cold here so that is probably playing a role. My commute is into Boston with probably only two miles of open road after that it's lights, stops signs and stopping and starting. I ride in level 2 assist, when I've kept it on level 1 I get a significantly longer range but I'm also working noticeably harder.

The e45 is great and very well set up for commuting. The Brose motor gives me a nice gentle push along and is virtually silent. Things I'd change would be an IGH and Gates Belt drive. The front derailleur is a waste for me, a 1x setup would be perfect as I hardly ever use the lower gears.

Going to write a thread on it, but if you want a poor man's Satiator you can buy a $10 outlet timer with 15 min increments. See Century outlet timer on Amazon.
Except that it's limited to a single voltage. One charge rate, and not data logging. BUT it is an efficient method to charge a battery on the cheap. I still show friends how to do it and am looking forward to you post! Thanks for going that!

Back