Satiator not charging at night

Your EM3EV Charger that came with the battery probably pulses to wake up the BMS... that's how my Hailong Shark works with its stock charger.
You may have to leave the switch on the battery ON so that the BMS doesn't go to sleep... But I can't guarantee that it doesn't have a time out function as well..
One other thing that you can try in addition to leaving the switch ON is to have your timer do an ON - OFF - ON again in fast succession ... This might wake the BMS.

Don't sweat the computer interface. Its not worth bothering with because the button interface is there and works fine. The only thing I gained from the app was the ability to name the custom profile. And using the Satiator button interface you have a couple of additional options not in the Windows app. I have the same problem with connecting on a new PC and I haven't missed the computer app one bit.

I would abandon the idea of an auto start; just for starters it may not be possible. I'm curious myself so I will try mine after work this eve and see what happens. I know for sure the connection will spark if the charger is off, and thats not a good thing.

Instead, focus safety on the shutdown, not the start up. Attach a mechanical cutoff timer.

Come home. Take a shower. Thats enough of a rest right there. Set up a profile... not for 2.0 amps. Make it 1.0 amp or even 0.50 amp (do some math and figure out how long it will take to hit target voltage after 12 hrs or whatever the routine down time will be). Plug your Satiator in after your shower or dinner and let the mechanical cutoff timer be a last, final line of defense that shuts the power physically off. A 55.4v charge at 0.5a means your Satiator will be pulling 25-30w tops. Take advantage of your routine downtime to trickle in power no faster than necessary. If you do that AND target say 80%, you can also make it impossible (assuming the charger current level is not wonky) to overcharge if your other safety measures all fail. Layers in an onion.

Make it 1.0 amp or even 0.50 amp (do some math and figure out how long it will take to hit target voltage after 12 hrs or whatever the routine down time will be). Plug your Satiator in after your shower or dinner and let the mechanical cutoff timer be a last, final line of defense that shuts the power physically off. A 55.4v charge at 0.5a means your Satiator will be pulling 25-30w tops. Take advantage of your routine downtime to trickle in power no faster than necessary.
Best use of the Satiator I've seen anyone post to date.
Most get all excited about an 8a charger. Cook it and then wait till the next day to ride anyway.

I decided to give this a try myself and did the following:
1. turned the Satiator on.
2. Plugged it into the battery.
3. Shut down my cutoff timer, killing the power.
4. turned the timer on, enabling the power.

The Satiator kicked on and began charging the default profile. I plugged it in the way I did because I did not want to plug into the pack powered down given the spark that causes. Shouldn't have any bearing on the test.

I have the 'high voltage' 103v/5a model.

I decided to give this a try myself and did the following:
1. turned the Satiator on.
2. Plugged it into the battery.
3. Shut down my cutoff timer, killing the power.
4. turned the timer on, enabling the power.

The Satiator kicked on and began charging the default profile. I plugged it in the way I did because I did not want to plug into the pack powered down given the spark that causes. Shouldn't have any bearing on the test.

I have the 'high voltage' 103v/5a model.

See... Not worth abandoning after all.
And the battery needs to be connected regardless of the arc. You're trying to fool both the BMS and Satiator so all connections must be made with the timer On-Off-On cycle.

Back