Chili Verde

Blueberries are close but may have to pic early with the hot weather.

502A60D9-EEE4-436A-A647-D721BA67C4FD.jpeg
4E2C867B-1D24-4204-865C-EAFF5258E364.png

Isn't it nice that we're all here together in this thread, sharing the same good times, fine cuisine, and appropriate wines, and uplifting reports on our environment?

How y'all doing with that heat? Those are some pretty extreme temps in the northern hemisphere this summer. It's one thing if your region is designed for it, but another altogether if not.

We've had a mercifully mild and wet past two summers (cheers La Nina) but the black summer we had a few years back felt like it saw temps hitting 40C a couple of times a week. Not much to do on the commute but roll up the sleeves and let the motor do all the work. You know it's hot when the breeze doesn't even cool sweat.

I've had the opposite problem this winter. All the rain killed off my beloved chilli plant. It grew such sweet peppers too: punchy but not overpowering.

Okay I got it now.
I have something to admit. I felt like a loser yesterday after falling off my bike.
I was riding on concrete foot path at the neighborhood park and I passed a couple by going off on to the grass section and when I steered my bike back on the concrete, I lost control of my bike. My front tire got caught on the edge of the foot path cause me to fall.
Now my right wrist is sprained. I should me more careful.
Be well soon, my friend! That angle of attack is treacherous...streetcar tracks or train tracks on roads are murder if the angle of approach is small.
No good deed goes unpunished.

Okay I got it now.
I have something to admit. I felt like a loser yesterday after falling off my bike.
I was riding on concrete foot path at the neighborhood park and I passed a couple by going off on to the grass section and when I steered my bike back on the concrete, I lost control of my bike. My front tire got caught on the edge of the foot path cause me to fall.
Now my right wrist is sprained. I should me more careful.

Two things, Going off the path is by it's very nature inherently dangerous. Two, never and I mean never, try to stop a fall by posting your arm in a attempt to catch yourself.
Judo 101.

Raspberries are finally here. Getting a bowl like this every two days.
In ice cream, oatmeal, solo, in a glass of Prosecco... loving it.

View attachment 130359
Awesome! We visited a family in Vermont once with a massive raspberry patch. I think of it at this time of year.

I've tried but our climate just doesn't get cold enough for them. I have found a subtropical equivalent that grows plenty fine here. I consider it one of Australia's few genuinely tasty endemic edibles (many would disagree on that point): the Atherton Raspberry. More of a delicate structure than your raspberry and boy are the thorns sharp but oh so tasty! Also happens to be in full crop right now.

IMG_20220806_125254.jpg

I have not posted here in a while. I saw this today. It is Mexican chicken and ribs on mesquite charcoal. Today is hot with high altitude smoke. High temps will range in this county from the mid-sixties to over 100 F. Inland valleys will be the hottest. The Pacific current comes down from Alaska so it will be 40 degrees cooler there.
1660673544628.jpeg

I have not posted here in a while. I saw this today. It is Mexican chicken and ribs on mesquite charcoal. Today is hot with high altitude smoke. High temps will range in this county from the mid-sixties to over 100 F. Inland valleys will be the hottest. The Pacific current comes down from Alaska so it will be 40 degrees cooler there.
View attachment 132224
You makin me hungry!

They have the fixings. Germans brought brass instruments to Mexico and also beer making and potato salad. With any salsa and side you want. The ribs will fall off the bone. Go for the dark meat chicken. So tender.

Germany "OOOPSIE"
Taking down some wind turbines to expand a brown coal mine because it is necessary because it was necessary to spite Russia.

They have the fixings. Germans brought brass instruments to Mexico and also beer making and potato salad. With any salsa and side you want. The ribs will fall off the bone. Go for the dark meat chicken. So tender.
Love dark meat and the Mexican brass, heir beer ain't so bad either( Germans are everywhere!)
Germany "OOOPSIE"
Taking down some wind turbines to expand a brown coal mine because it is necessary because it was necessary to spite Russia.
Brown coal! reminds Me of the time the "Dismal swamp" was burning, Peat and brown coal are not so far apart. That fire really stank "Nags Head" up.

This was breakfast yesterday. It is no longer free from making a bike for the Chef, but now I am the one who is hooked. I am about to take the cargo bike I just finished to get more. There is Point Reyes blue on those local baby greens. The meat was soaked in a big bold red wine overnight as it slow cooked and was then finished in an oven so it has carnalized crispy bits.
1667579953824.jpeg

Back