Charging Procedure

My guess is that it doesn't matter so it doesn't need to be mentioned in the manual?

Then again the Zen e-bikes do come with a very strange shifter and no documentation on how to operate it??

View attachment 183855

😂
There's a button on my Zen battery with the typical power ON icon images.png but it doesn't seem to turn the battery on or off. It does light an adjacent single LED so it may be some kind of level indicator... but I'm guessing.
Also the charger output is 54.4v and when I asked about that... 0

None of this is of any real concern but getting any information is like pulling teeth.

And don't get me started on how many things were incorrectly installed on my Rohloff.

Well that's a good excuse for me to wait to buy a ZEN e-bike.

Sounds like they have some bugs to iron out.

Then again, I remember saying that I didn't want a ZEN e-bike because there would be nothing for me fix or upgrade.

Maybe I'll buy one now and spend the winter fixing it?
But would I even get it before spring?

Well that's a good excuse for me to wait to buy a ZEN e-bike.

Sounds like they have some bugs to iron out.

Then again, I remember saying that I didn't want a ZEN e-bike because there would be nothing for me fix or upgrade.

Maybe I'll buy one now and spend the winter fixing it?
But would I even get it before spring?
I've been working on my Zen for over a year and it still continues.
When it's working, the bike is awesome... But the myriad of installation mistakes is beyond acceptable.
Funny thing is in my discussion prior to buying I said I was tired of the maintenance of my 15yr old bbs build and I wanted something I can just ride... oh well.
They've been good with sending me what I need but the time frame in doing so and the skill level of their mechanic and customer service is pathetic.
Ravi is the only one who can get anything done but he's only one person and has his focus on the battery factory.
I foresaw this at the time of purchase but I wanted to give them my support so I went forward. All in all I'm happy with the bike but that's due to me having to fix a lot.

Back