Charger GH vs. Supercharger GH vs. Multicharger

ottomark

Hey all. I'm trying to choose a bike (still). At 275 lbs I need a GH (I think). Looking at the Charger GH and the Supercharger GH. I'm also looking at the Multicharger, as I suspect it can handle the weight. These appear to be almost identical in price if I get the 2 batteries. So, question: which would you choose? And do I need the double battery? My commute is about 25 miles RT but I don't have the ability to charge at work. Seems that because of the loss batteries have over time, going with the double battery may be wise. Would love any advice... Thanks.

I didn't find the weight information in the catalog crystal clear, but the notes do say that for all GH models the maximum cyclist weight is 125kg or 276 pounds. That is 35kg less than the GVWR, so you still have the capacity for a 5-10kg of cargo. As you say, it looks like the Multicharger might handle the same rider weight, but you would be wasting the capacity of the heavy-duty rack because with the same GVWR you will still be limited to only 5-10 kg of cargo.

Personally, I wouldn't get the dual batteries for a 25 mile commute. Just replace the battery when and if it starts fading.

So I'd opt for the Charger. It is the lightest so it should be able to handle the most cargo.

Hey all. I'm trying to choose a bike (still). At 275 lbs I need a GH (I think). Looking at the Charger GH and the Supercharger GH. I'm also looking at the Multicharger, as I suspect it can handle the weight. These appear to be almost identical in price if I get the 2 batteries. So, question: which would you choose? And do I need the double battery? My commute is about 25 miles RT but I don't have the ability to charge at work. Seems that because of the loss batteries have over time, going with the double battery may be wise. Would love any advice... Thanks.

I have never seen anyone complaining of having too much battery. I have seen many complaining about range anxiety.
At 275lbs, you would need 500-600whr to do the 25 mile RT comfortably. Just a single battery at 500whr is cutting close on days when it's cold or you just want to use Turbo assist level.
I would go with supercharger GH.

Thanks to you both. Love the perspectives. Any value to the Multicharger HS? Thought it might be best of both worlds -- speed and strength. But maybe the torque is more important than the speed...?

Thanks to you both. Love the perspectives. Any value to the Multicharger HS? Thought it might be best of both worlds -- speed and strength. But maybe the torque is more important than the speed...?

The multicharger is a very cool bike, but its GVWR is the same as the other chargers. It can hold more weight on the rack (60kg vs. 20kg) but the total weight on the bike is still limited to 160kg. (I'm sure this is because of tires, spokes, frame, etc.) Since the Multicharger itself weighs more , there is less capacity for you and your cargo. If you added the second battery, I think there would be practically no capacity left for cargo--even though you have that beefy rack.

OK. Well, that limits me to a non-HS. I just got an email that one seller is having a sale on the Nevo Vario models. Thoughts on that (Nevo Vario GH) vs. Supercharger GH -- both with dual batteries? Again, mostly just commuting... Price puts the Nevo at $500 less. I'm inclined to take it.

Thoughts on that (Nevo Vario GH) vs. Supercharger GH

My friend has the Vario drive and I have ridden it quite extensively. Vario is a vast downgrade compared to the Rohloff on the supercharger.
It is sluggish and heavy.
Supercharger GX (not the GH) would be a great commuter/versatile bike.

The great thing about dual battery apart from range is it uses one whilst letting the other settle down after being used and if you're talking about the motor pushing close to maximum weight, that could be a real saver for batteries.

Back