Charger fan not working?

OhHecNoo

My Stromer isn’t even 2 weeks old and the charger is already giving me problems. I just plugged it in and a few minutes later I realized the chargers fan wasn’t working and the charger was getting very hot. Has this happened to anyone else? If so, is there any way to fix this? Or should I just get a new charger? This is my only form of transportation so I really need it fixed ASAP :( (I immediately unplugged the bike by the way, I didn’t want to damage my battery)

(edit: so I called the shop I bought it from. He said it was normal and that the fan only turns on when needed. It was just strange since it usually turned on the moment I plugged it into the bike. So I was just scared of over charging the battery and damaging it. The fan has now turned in after a few minutes of leaving it plugged in)

Last edited:
Some chargers use the same fans as used in computers. I have Luna chargers I was able to replace the fan in. YMMV!

Some chargers use the same fans as used in computers. I have Luna chargers I was able to replace the fan in. YMMV!
Thank you for that information! That’s actually very helpful and will definitely keep that in mind. I ended up calling the shop where I purchased it and they said it was normal. Apparently it only turns on when it needs to. I just noticed that it immediately turned on every other time and this was the first time it didn’t and this is my only form of transportation so I’m extremely careful with it. Thank you again!

Back