Chain length Como 2.0 / 3.0?

Eband

RE: Como stepthru's with the 9 speed derailleur and 48 T ring drivetrain. Our Como's have @ 2500 miles and @ 7500 miles respectively. No visible or riding problems but I want to replace drive chains on both. No problems with either but replaced disc pads on the 2.0 at @ 4000 miles .

> What is the length / number of links required ? . Can I buy - cut to actual length or what is generally available for this . Please no mentions of the LBS thank you...

thanks

Last edited:
also
as a new member I was trying to edit this thread but only the "TITLE ' appears when I select "edit thread", how do I edit text if necessary?
thanx

The easiest way is to count links in the existing chain. Now, you need to order the new chain good for 9 speed of the length equal to or longer than the existing chain. You cannot get the chain pre-cut. You need a chain tool, for example this one:

Park Tool Chain Tool

After having determined the proper chain length, you use the chain tool to remove one of the pins to shorten the chain to the desired number of links. I recommend watching YouTube video. Or, let your LBS do the work.

RE: Como stepthru's with the 9 speed derailleur and 48 T ring drivetrain. Our Como's have @ 2500 miles and @ 7500 miles respectively. No visible or riding problems but I want to replace drive chains on both. No problems with either but replaced disc pads on the 2.0 at @ 4000 miles .

> What is the length / number of links required ? . Can I buy - cut to actual length or what is generally available for this .

Chains are available with 116, 126 or 138 links.
126 links should be enough for your 48T chainring system so look for 126 or 138 link chains and cut to actual length needed.

You might find out your chain ring and/or cassette or some small sprocket wheels of your cassette should be changed, too. Please check.

Back