Chain issues on Allant 7

Chain and cassette are both brand new. It is riding up on the cogs in 7 and 8.
Skipping the chain between gears might be caused by bad derailleur adjustment, which is to be corrected by the barrel adjuster at the shifter.

The cable housing may have a rough patch and is not letting out enough slack. Inspect it. Next, clean the derailleur and lube the pivot points. Then watch this video.

New chains on old cassettes can lead to skipping problems on the smaller toothed cogs. It makes a crunching sound when this happens. I am trying to deal with alien technology today with a type of freehub body I have never seen. The guy sheered his cassette, also of a unique design, in two. His motor is very powerful - too much for bike parts. Sometimes less is more. K.I.S.S. keep it simple stupid.

Update. After a few frustrating days, I took it in the the Trek shop. I had done everything right, but the new cassette I had purchased, a BiBike, was defective. the cogs for gears 7 and 8 were not the right width and that is what prevented the gears from riding properly. They replaced the cassette for me and it worked. I returned the part to Amazon. Guess I need to find a different maker next time.

Update. After a few frustrating days, I took it in the the Trek shop. I had done everything right, but the new cassette I had purchased, a BiBike, was defective. the cogs for gears 7 and 8 were not the right width and that is what prevented the gears from riding properly. They replaced the cassette for me and it worked. I returned the part to Amazon. Guess I need to find a different maker next time.
looks ike you may have gotten a counterfeit part then.

looks ike you may have gotten a counterfeit part then.
Remember all the lockdowns? Factories had to close with no notice and then try to pick up again weeks later. It happened several times. This impacted QC around the world. A nine speed cog got welded to an eight speed cassette when a factory restarted.

Remember all the lockdowns? Factories had to close with no notice and then try to pick up again weeks later. It happened several times. This impacted QC around the world. A nine speed cog got welded to an eight speed cassette when a factory restarted.
ya remember the guy with a center lock disc brake but the 6 bolt disc?

Back