Cental Ohio EBike Riders

PRIN

My riding companion (brother in law) has a traditional trek and is 72 and not up to trips longer than about 20-25 miles. Trying to convince him to get ebike but to no avail right now. With my ebike I enjoy some longer trips, longest so far 42 miles round trip. Looking for ebike riders who are interested in some rides that are 30-50 miles or so. I have a bike rack for car that can accommodate 2 e bikes.Enjoy trails such as 3 Creeks, Galloway to London, Nelsonville to Athens, Kokosing, etc. Do not wish to ride on roadways. I am a retired high school principal so scheduling is fairly open. Anyone interested or have suggestions?

My riding companion (brother in law) has a traditional trek and is 72 and not up to trips longer than about 20-25 miles. Trying to convince him to get ebike but to no avail right now. With my ebike I enjoy some longer trips, longest so far 42 miles round trip. Looking for ebike riders who are interested in some rides that are 30-50 miles or so. I have a bike rack for car that can accommodate 2 e bikes.Enjoy trails such as 3 Creeks, Galloway to London, Nelsonville to Athens, Kokosing, etc. Do not wish to ride on roadways. I am a retired high school principal so scheduling is fairly open. Anyone interested or have suggestions?
I met my first few ebike friends on the trail 6 years ago. I was on the lookout for other ebikers and got friendly with a few, but no planned rides. One day while taking a break I met another ebiker that wanted to ride like I wanted, 40+ miles. We shared contact info and got to planning rides. I've since met many more in a variety of ways. One guy I met here on the forum. Then we had some legal issues locally with trail access. That fight (and win) led to meeting more ebikers.

I think posting here is a good start. Keep the thread going and post your rides with pictures. Show 'em what they're missing. Seriously show them the kind of riding you like to do. When you notice someone on the forum from your area, send them a private message with the 'start a conversation' function when you click on a members avatar/name. It's a private conversation you can add up to 5 other members at anytime. You might start with one other Ohioan and when you notice another hit the 'invite members' button in the conversation and add them. That's how I started planning a recent local meetup.

You could also post an upcoming ride you plan to do. Try starting with a planned 25 mile ride and take it from there. You might do 40, you never know. I've done many 50 to 60 mile rides with new ebiker friends in the last 6 years. We started locally with 25 to 40 mile rides, now we'll travel to far flung trails to do 50+. Some great times.

Here's a recent social group ride we are trying to establish as a regular thing.

Good luck! If you ever find yourself in Central PA give us a shout.

Back