Cemoto Electric Folding Mountain Bike

I have an air compressor and from what I read that's not a good idea to use with rear bike shocks. I haven't tried it though.

So I canceled the order for the pump on Amazon and picked this dual mode one from eBay. It's a little cheaper and works as a bike tire pump (high volume) and as a shock pump (high pressure) there is a selector switch to change the different modes.

http://www.ebay.com

are you guys charging the battery in the bike or off of it?

electrobikeworld said you are supposed to charge it off the bike, that i guess the manual says you can do either but they have not charged it in the bike and think it is better to remove it...

It is always better to charge the battery off the bike.
And if things went wrong and the battery went up it flames, at least your bike would still be ok. Ken.

I agree with Ken, even though you CAN charge the battery while it's on the bike, it's safer to charge off the bike. I store my bike in the garage under extreme temperature so I like to charge the battery off the bike. I do keep the battery in the bike if my trip is 15 miles or less and use the rest of the battery juice for my next ride.

What are you folks recommend for tire pressures?
Also the PAS sensor (at crank) seems like it just slides, isn't it supposed to stay put?

I am on 40psi. The PAS sensor ring is not suppose to slide or move, I've never had that happen. You definitely need to tighten it.

keeping mine inside the house so thought it would be easier to charge on the bike
but will pull it out to charge it

mine came today but super busy and too tired to get it out of the truck
will get it out and put it together, do the first charge etc tomorrow and will let everyone know how it looks

the box is really beat up, i am a little concerned

Was it from UPS? They are notorious for mishandling your package, I hate them! Mine came beat up too but luckily everything inside was fine.

it was UPS, i get a lot of packages - although mostly smaller ones
and i have not gotten one this beat up before

plan to take pictures of the box tomorrow once it is out of the truck in case there is a problem

My box came pretty beat up as well. The handlebar stem was poking out of the box but because the bike was so well wrapped the only damage was a scratch on the stem which I've replaced anyway.

I'm really interested in the LCD that ebike had posted, there is a highest speed setting on it that could make this bike go faster than 20mph.

well got the bike together and think it is well made and a neat bike
but my shimano thumb shifter thing is broken off, found it in the plastic wrap in a couple of pieces

contacted electrobikeworld and sent some pics
told them if i can just get the part i will fix it myself or take it to a bike shop

they are looking into what they can do

will keep you informed

raining here so even if battery was charged i cannot ride it

I recently ordered an RC helicopter and upon arrival (UPS) the box was all busted up. Ended up with a damaged canopy, front and rear blades. Of course the seller said that was UPS fault and to contact them. I ended up just buying the broken parts but UPS has a serious mishandling issue!
Electro Bike World gave me excellent services and I'm sure they can work something out with you. You can still ride the bike right? Make sure you fully charge your battery before you ride it, if it's empty, it should take around 4 hours to charge. I normally just leave it over night, after it fully charges the green light turns on and it automatically stop the charge. I love the looks of this bike, it totally grew on me and I ride it every day when weather permits.

I'm really interested in the LCD that ebike had posted, there is a highest speed setting on it that could make this bike go faster than 20mph.

This bike uses a very 'stock' controller and has no display option for LED or LCD (although I haven't pulled the controller out to see if it has the input for one.
I believe the controller speed is already set to max.
You can however buy a better controller (China online $55) which would upgrade to a display type and also add 3-5 levels of selectable PAS.
The only way to get more power would be to stay with the 36v but get a higher amp output controller and hub motor kit (500w - 800w $225) but not sure if mph would increase past the setpoint. There are ways to program some controllers as well.

I know a lot of 48v systems go > 45mph

Back