CCS with Jones H-bar... Awesomeness

I also have neck issues, 4 levels fused in my neck. I can't lean forward and look upwards so I need a raised adjustable stem and bars that require less reach, like John Peck's bars. Also with a raised seating position I will need a more comfortable seat. I have no clue where to order parts other than the local bike shop. Could someone point me in the direction where I can order:
1) raised adjustable stem (how high can I go?)
2) bars with more rise and pull back
3) comfortable seat

Chris, Niagra Cycle has just about every part imaginable, but they don't ship cheap. I get most of my parts off Ebay. Ideally. it sounds like a 350mm long
dutch style stem would help, but will only fit an Ocean Current headset & not a CCS or CCA. SO, instead you will need an adjustable 31mm stem & a 31mm
5" riser bar,(Niagra is the only place I found one in 31mm). Installation is tricky getting stem & bar to work without longer cables & wires. Fully elevated the
stem still thrusts forward while the bars angle back in kind of a dog leg. Even this may not get enough height for your condition. (how tall are you, what size
frame) You may have to request a custom longer wire harness from Juiced (?) As for saddles, butts are like snowflakes, no 2 alike. There is a wide
variety on Ebay, all you can do is guess at what should be comfortable, & hope for the best. You might need to get a suspension seat post,(what's your
weight?) If your heavy, good ones are not cheap. There are riser bars that go higher,(even apehangers,)
but the 5" is about the limit that will work with the stock wire harness.
P.S. Among my myriad fractures, I have fractured my neck, so i know just where you're coming from.

Last edited:
Chris, Niagra Cycle has just about every part imaginable, but they don't ship cheap. I get most of my parts off Ebay. Ideally. it sounds like a 350mm long dutch style stem would help, but will only fit an Ocean Current headset & not a CCS or CCA. SO, instead you will need an adjustable 31mm stem & a 31mm
5" riser bar,(Niagra is the only place I found one in 31mm). Installation is tricky getting stem & bar to work without longer cables & wires. Fully elevated the
stem still thrusts forward while the bars angle back in kind of a dog leg. Even this may not get enough height for your condition. (how tall are you, what size
frame) You may have to request a custom longer wire harness from Juiced (?) As for saddles, butts are like snowflakes, no 2 alike. There is a wide
variety on Ebay, all you can do is guess at what should be comfortable, & hope for the best. You might need to get a suspension seat post,(what's your
weight?) If your heavy, good ones are not cheap. There are riser bars that go higher,(even apehangers,)
P.S. Among my myriad fractures, I have fractured my neck, so i know just where you're coming from.

John, thank you for taking the time to reply, it greatly appreciated. I will have a XL HyperFat delivered tomorrow and I'm, 6'1" 200 lbs. Is the stem the same size, 31mm, on the HP as the CCS? I also ordered from Juice a longer wire harness (Ocean Current Electronics 4-1) which, I was told, would allow me to raise the stem and bars. When it comes to suspension seat posts I see Bodyfloat, SR Suntour SP12, & ThudBuster. Any feedback on these or others? I will check out Niagra and eBay...

John, thank you for taking the time to reply, it greatly appreciated. I will have a XL HyperFat delivered tomorrow and I'm, 6'1" 200 lbs. Is the stem the same size, 31mm, on the HP as the CCS? I also ordered from Juice a longer wire harness (Ocean Current Electronics 4-1) which, I was told, would allow me to raise the stem and bars. When it comes to suspension seat posts I see Bodyfloat, SR Suntour SP12, & ThudBuster. Any feedback on these or others? I will check out Niagra and eBay...

I'd assume the stem is the same size, looks to be, but should be there on the Hyperfat spec sheet.
I'm waiting to see when they're open again for preorder. Really can't say about the seat post,
I've priced 'em but never had one.

I don't have a CCS but I am very happy with the upright and relaxed position of the Jones bars.
H BAR.jpg

I use an XLC cheapy on my ocean current and it seems to work fine. Only cost $25 and definitely takes the bump out, I weigh 205.

Chris, Niagra Cycle has just about every part imaginable, but they don't ship cheap. I get most of my parts off Ebay. Ideally. it sounds like a 350mm long
dutch style stem would help, but will only fit an Ocean Current headset & not a CCS or CCA. SO, instead you will need an adjustable 31mm stem & a 31mm
Best seat I've found is the bell recline 800. Diamond back makes a good one too but if you like cushy, bell recline is the ticket.

I also have Jones handlebars. I bought them because the swept back grips put the wrists in a egonomic position. I have a daytime strobing headlight and a Garmin radar display unit mounted on the forward bow. I love the bars (and the Garmin Radar).

Back