CCS battery charger compatibility?

Hi Andy - I think I saw from another post your round-trip commute is around 22 miles, which is a little shorter than mine (24 miles). Are you finding you can't make the round trip with one charge? About what is your average speed and what modes?

I am mostly in S mode and average between 20-23 mph. Half the ride is bike path...the other is bike lane with lots of stops.

On the way there in use about alittle less than half, and in the way home it's alittle more than half. I'm guessing because of the head wind and I pedal harder on the way home vs going to work.

So I charge at work, to be safe and because I don't want to always deplete the battery.

I'm guessing with less assist it wouldn't be a problem. But man, the response in S mode is awesome.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
If anyone wants an extra charger I'll sell the one that comes standard with the CCS for $50 shipped fedex 2-day. I have and only use the Grin charger.

(Link Removed - No Longer Exists)

@Andy_in_CA did you settle on a charger? I'm considering getting one for work, as well. I can get home on a single charge after my 20 mile commute, but as the charge decreases, so does the power output.

I have not. I'd like to take BallzOne up on his offer just can't do it right now. I'll probably go with his when I'm ready if its still available or order one from Juiced. I can't spend 350 on a charger.

I don't want to damage my battery with another brand charger that also might void the warranty.

One tip for the stock charger 2A charger is that every hour it charges adds 100wH to the battery. So if you put it on a timer you can add a pre-determined amount of charge to the battery. With the new LCD display showing how many watt hours you used it would be pretty easy to work out how long to charge it at work to get back to the same charge level you left home with.

The other option would be to get one of the $100 Luna chargers that lets you charge to 80%. You don’t want to be charging to 100% if you can avoid it.

One tip for the stock charger 2A charger is that every hour it charges adds 100wH to the battery. So if you put it on a timer you can add a pre-determined amount of charge to the battery. With the new LCD display showing how many watt hours you used it would be pretty easy to work out how long to charge it at work to get back to the same charge level you left home with.

The other option would be to get one of the $100 Luna chargers that lets you charge to 80%. You don’t want to be charging to 100% if you can avoid it.
From my understanding the OEM 2a charger only charges to 95% at full charge.

Back