Carrying golf clubs on an ebike

BillH, I'm glad to see that rack from 2x2. How stable was that with your bike's kick stand? There are other "rear-mount" styles for ebikes, but they are too top-heavy if anything but level and firm ground. The Divnick auto-tilt carrier becomes the kick stand, so it locks the bike to the ground even on steep slopes.

Timpo, that's pretty cool. I guess you'd have to stay on the cart paths with the thin tires, but still, very cool. Where did you get that bag? I tried to search for it, but couldn't find it.

BillH, I'm glad to see that rack from 2x2. How stable was that with your bike's kick stand? There are other "rear-mount" styles for ebikes, but they are too top-heavy if anything but level and firm ground. The Divnick auto-tilt carrier becomes the kick stand, so it locks the bike to the ground even on steep slopes.
On firm or even semi firm ground, no problem at all. On softer ground it will sink in a little and on really soft ground it will tip over. The kickstand on the Quietkat folder is very robust and has a wide shoe but when the ground is too soft the weight of the bike and clubs is just too much. All I do is seek out firmer ground if those conditions exist and it’s a non issue really.

The rack on the Quietkat can easily support weight of full set of clubs. I had him modify (2x2 cycles) the rack so as not to include the tail/brake light that is normally built in. I do get some tail wag with the bag of clubs sticking out the back but you get used to it fast. I like that 2x2 cycles rack is modular. Great company to deal with.

We are now live with the, "Auto-Pivot Golf Bag Carriers" that fit all ebikes. If you like golf and you like ebikes, not you can combine them and be a part of the golf industry's quest to speed up the game. www.DivnickGolf.com/ebikes
joe-grant-ebike.jpg

Yes, it would attach to that rack. You can see the installation instructions on www.divnickgolf.com/ebikes/instructions.html. The question is whether or not that rack is strong enough to handle the weight of a golf bag. The rack doesn't have any cross-bars on the sides...just the 2 mounting bars per side. So I would expect that you could flex it from side-to-side. A typical full bag of clubs using a carry bag is about 20 pounds. I would recommend an abbreviated set for that rack to try to get the weight down to 10 or 12 pounds. I personally carry only 5 clubs with one of them being the Adjustable loft club that replaces all the irons (www.divnickgolf.com/adjustable). So it would handle my bag easily.

Is that on a 26 inch bike? Most of the bikes being used for golf are 20", but we do have an extension kit for 26 inch bikes that is only $20 more.

Another consideration is that the ideal ebike for golf is a step-through. Otherwise, you have to be fairly athletic to swing your leg over the clubs on the back, or over the cross-bar between the seat and handlebars.

You can see a lot more information, FAQ's, ideal features of an ebike for golf, course responses, and more on www.DivnickGolf.com/ebikes.

Here's how they do it at my course. The bag goes in front of the rider and rests on the handlebars. You could do it on a step thru bike. Of course it may increase the Q-factor a tad. Makes it feel like pedaling when you've wet your pants. No experience there, though. Just ancient memories of a misspent youth.
Golf_E-bike.png

Here's how they do it at my course. The bag goes in front of the rider and rests on the handlebars. You could do it on a step thru bike. Of course it may increase the Q-factor a tad. Makes it feel like pedaling when you've wet your pants. No experience there, though. Just ancient memories of a misspent youth.View attachment 84086
I've gotten this close >< to purchasing that Sun Mountain Finn Cycle. It's the perfect single rider solution.

I've gotten this close >< to purchasing that Sun Mountain Finn Cycle. It's the perfect single rider solution.
Except it costs an arm and a leg (very expensive) and it doesn't provide any exercise. I love my ebike...didn't cost very much, gives me as much exercise as I want, hauls my clubs easily, can ride it to and from the course or haul it in my car, can also go on family rides, and is faster than a 4-tire cart or a Finn Cycle...which can only be used on a golf course. I think it is even more of a "perfect solution".

Update: Got a small club carrier that velcros around the clubs. Put four clubs in the carrier, though looks like 5-6 clubs might fit. Added a plastic bag around the clubheads to prevent damage from stuff thrown up from the road. Strapped with bungies. Very secure. Here's a photo! We'll try this on a 9 mile ride to the golf course tomorrow!
View attachment 24321
I usually ride to the range with 1 club on my Espin Sport and stick the head in my Topeak bag and all has been fine. Today, for whatever reason, the butt end of the club ended up on the ground as I drove. Thankfully, a motorist notified me of the issue and I ended up weaving the club through the top of the topeak and used the velcro handle to semi secure the club. Anybody got a 1 club carrier idea?

There is a company in Canada..Wike bicycle trailers. Sounds like they make exactly what your looking for.

I dont need a trailer. If I want to take my golf bag to the course, I take my car. I was referring to taking 1 club.

Well, if your club(s) has steel shafts you could use magnets to stick a club to the top tube of your bike with the head of the club sticking out beyond the head tube or hanging over the rear tire. A couple of velcro straps would work with any shaft material.

Well, if your club(s) has steel shafts you could use magnets to stick a club to the top tube of your bike with the head of the club sticking out beyond the head tube or hanging over the rear tire. A couple of velcro straps would work with any shaft material.

Might have to give the velcro a try. Shafts are graphite...

Back