Can't get any support from Stromer. What am I doing wrong?

Jimjsp

I've been down with my Stromer ST2S for about a month now since first calling Stromer. They said they only have 3 people covering all of north America. Does anyone know if maybe they are are going out of business? I've contacted them by phone with many messages and sent the preferred emails but no response. You would think that investing 10,000 plus dollars you could get some help, so I am thinking I made a big mistake. Anyone else or is it just me? Thanks...jim

Call the dealer to bought your bike from. They are a distributor in the US, they should not be a primary contact. They reach out to the dealers and if they have time, talk to consumers.

The dealers deal with repairs and warranties.

This is my biggest fear of buying ANY ebike... Best service I've read about is from Pedego but I'm not head over heels for any of their model lineup

I replied with the same question you posted in General Discussion. Contact the dealer. The 3 people covering all of North America, are primarily covering dealer inquiries, not the entire customer base would be my assumption.

This is my biggest fear of buying ANY ebike... Best service I've read about is from Pedego but I'm not head over heels for any of their model lineup

Take a look at the Specialized line...their Vado 6 is very competitive with the ST-2 in many instances, not the least of which is price and there are lots of Specialized dealers in the US, compared to Stromer. The folks at Stromer have been very, very helpful, but are apparently undergoing a transition some sort. Their bikes are very good and the forum has lots of tips/experiences to help out when trouble occurs.

Take a look at the Specialized line...their Vado 6 is very competitive with the ST-2 in many instances, not the least of which is price and there are lots of Specialized dealers in the US, compared to Stromer. The folks at Stromer have been very, very helpful, but are apparently undergoing a transition some sort. Their bikes are very good and the forum has lots of tips/experiences to help out when trouble occurs.

Thanks smitty. Sometimes the truth stings, don't it? If stromer can't plan a transition, then that's their problem, not mine. I've been unable to purchase parts from my dealer for over a month now because they're special order from stromer, they'll be at interbike, blah blah blah. Again, not my problem. I'm the customer and I demand good service or else I'll shop elsewhere. Not sure if I'll be purchasing another stromer next year if this level of service continues. It's called free market and I vote with my feet. FYI, I have five stromers, so I'm not just pouting here. I'm dead serious.

Seems like we have some diehard fanboys who are belittling people when they legitimately criticize issues, and that's not right. Sure, go to the dealer, but how much support is the dealer getting with the reported manpower shortage on the stromer side and the lack of support in north america?

Last edited:
I have had at least 7 Stromers, currently have 3,in the past the have have done great supporting me...currently not so good, issue w/ST2S front shock broke at 700 miles...2 months ago . My other bike needs a wheel, a rack, front shock and the torque sensor was replaced 6 months ago still not right.

what is the most Stromer like bike not a Stromer? R&M come to mind , full suspension for touring ...

I have had at least 7 Stromers, currently have 3,in the past the have have done great supporting me...currently not so good, issue w/ST2S front shock broke at 700 miles...2 months ago . My other bike needs a wheel, a rack, front shock and the torque sensor was replaced 6 months ago still not right.

what is the most Stromer like bike not a Stromer? R&M come to mind , full suspension for touring ...

R&M looked good, but even less exposure here in the states. I considered one, but didn't see a lot of value for my buck. I'm sticking with Stromer for the time being. They're a good company with good dealer support.

I almost bought #6 today (ST2) but decided the features is not what I wanted, and to keep what I've got and wait for the ST5 to become yesterday's news, or wait for a low mileage ST2s to come around so I can make it a daily commuter and sell my commuting ST1x. I'm totally hooked on the ST2s lighting system, the DI2 shifter, the 1x11 gearing, the carbon fork, the tubeless compatible rims, the rear brake light that illuminates brighter with the brakes, and just the overall look and feel of the bike.

I do recommend all potential buyers reading this thread get a stromer from a dealer with a great reputation or get a used one from a dealer with a transferable warranty. I would not hesitate on buying another Stromer.

The dealers deal with repairs and warranties.

This is a good thing to inquire about when buying a bike from a bike shop--what is their role? What support do they provide? I've found my bike's maker to be very responsive both via the dealer and when I call or email them directly. It's distressing to have a breakdown, and really helps to get prompt assistance.

what are you referring to? MSRP, MAP? I could say the same thing about nearly any e-bike's MAP.
That's the price from REI..... IMO there are equal or better ebikes in the same category for half the price.. Maybe I'm missing the Stomer magic?

That's the price from REI..... IMO there are equal or better ebikes in the same category for half the price.. Maybe I'm missing the Stomer magic?

I paid *(edit for propriety's sake. It was significantly lower than retail) for my brand new ST2 last summer. I'm sure it was a great deal, but MAP and selling prices are often very different. It's easy to compare the price of a small online-only manufacturer with a major brand and believe the online brand is a much better deal. Instead of looking at published prices, visit your LBS and see what the actual selling price of the bikes is. A $3000 Juiced might look like a bargain relative to a $4000 Bulls until you find the Bulls on sale from a local dealer. The price difference might be negligible, and the fact that you bought the bike locally means you have access to warranty repairs and parts.

Oh-

And yes, you are missing the Stromer magic. Ride one. Then you'll know.

Last edited:
Buy from a dealer that can do any warranty service on Stromers. That would not be REI as far as I know. Also, test ride one and compare to other bikes. You'll be glad you did.

I paid $xxxx for my brand new ST2 last summer. I'm sure it was a great deal, but MAP and selling prices are often very different.

Chucky, out of respect for this website, please read the policy on sharing pricing from manufacturers with MAP policies (most who sell thru dealers). This typically doesn't apply to companies like Juiced who have their best price online every day. I refrain from mentioning price paid in any public forum, as manufacturers have policies their dealers must adhere to. This is very common in the retail world. Dealers loose distribution rights in come cases that I"m aware of personally (not ebikes, but other retail things). https://electricbikereview.com/foru...ing-promotions-and-pricing-information.24961/

I'd say you're exaggerating a bit.
ya that comment wasn't even worthy of a reply haha.

I've been down with my Stromer ST2S for about a month now since first calling Stromer. They said they only have 3 people covering all of north America. Does anyone know if maybe they are are going out of business? I've contacted them by phone with many messages and sent the preferred emails but no response. You would think that investing 10,000 plus dollars you could get some help, so I am thinking I made a big mistake. Anyone else or is it just me? Thanks...jim

So OP, are you a one hit wonder who registers and complains the same day, never to be heard from again? We'd like to hear from your experience.

ssue w/ST2S front shock broke at 700 miles...2 months ago . My other bike needs a wheel, a rack, front shock and the torque sensor was replaced 6 months ago still not right.

Opti, you say the front shock broke? Do you mean the ridgid carbon fiber front fork broke or did you buy the ST2 suspension fork and you're having an issue with that? What's wrong with your second bike ( your wheel, rack and the "front shock" ), seems like a lot of problems. I've had a couple minor issues and my dealer took care of the power cable on one of my ST2s, but other than that, my stromer's have been reliable outside normal wear and tear I put on them like I would any bicycle.?

More details please.

Back