cant get 28 mph on my xp 2.0

lectricG

Region
USA
can hit 22 mph pedalin my butt off .but thats it turnin throttle have changed my pas 8 just cant get there
any help

Do a search for others that ask the same question on other bikes, but you need to increase the chainring size and likely add links to the chain.

Part of the problem is physics. This is a 20" folder with a hub-drive. Remove two of those three limitations and you will be closer to it not riding like a toy. Such as making it a 29er with a mid-drive.
1636328738023.jpeg

can hit 22 mph pedalin my butt off .but thats it turnin throttle have changed my pas 8 just cant get there
any help
We have an XP an increased the chainring and 28 is still pretty tough to hit. Why you tryin to go 28? That is not exactly the most stable of machines to be attempting speed records. It cruises real nice at 18-20.

This bike doesn't do 28mph willingly. As mentioned above, there are limitations - 20in wheels being the biggest.
If you get your settings up, have tires inflated to 30psi, and have a fully charged battery - it will do 28mph if you pedal like a kid chasing the ice cream truck.

I've gotten mine over 27 mph in stock condition. Lower gear on the rear would be nice but frankly if I want speed, my Cannondale road bike with 700c wheels gets me over 30mph with much less effort.

A big chainring will mean that the chain will shift off the chainring in the bigger (lower gear) rear cogs. Bigger wheels to start with on a bike design is a good place to begin. This wheel size is like a little kid's bike for a six year old. Adult bikes do not have 20" wheels.
1636337799469.png

The motor assists up to 28mph. In other words if you hit 28mph the motor shuts off. That is to keep the bike legal. If the motor were to assist past 28mph, then it would be classified as a moped and be subject to additional things like headlights, turn signals, brake light, and so on.

Having said this if you want to hit 28mph with the Lectric here is how. Be aware that you will likely be ghost peddling unless you are amazingly fit
1. Be sure the battery is fully charged and the cells are balanced (once the green charge light comes on, keep charging for an additional 4-5 hours, the battery manager will balance the individual cells during the extra hours)

2. Use a tire pressure app to enter tire size, rider and bike weight and pump tires to the advised pressure.

3. Lower your handle bars as low as you can tolerate

4. Raise your seat as high as you can tolerate.

6. Wait for a day with no wind or maybe even hope for a tailwind

7. Find the flattest (or downhill), smoothest, uninterrupted asphalt or concrete path of at least 1/2 mile.

8. Set bike to PAS 5. (I assume you've already done your set up mode P6 to 22 and P8 to 45).

9. Start peddling, once you are in highest gear and reach 16mph, lower your head and shoulders as low as you can tolerate (getting aerodynamic) and continue to peddle even once you no longer are making any contribution (ghost peddling).

10. Have fun while it lasts and see your fully charged battery go to 90% in just a few minutes of fun. You usually only get a single shot before the battery gets too low to provide enough energy for a 28mph run.

or grab the back of a car or put the bike in the back of the car :) I have done 28 on my mid drive its work even though I am not that upright and it is way too noisy the wind noise is not great.

Your 20x4" knobbies on a Lectric aren't conducive to top speed either, Suck up a lot of power.

Your 20x4" knobbies on a Lectric aren't conducive to top speed either, Suck up a lot of power.
They're 3" and not as knobby on the 2.0 that started this thread. I have the 1.0 and can hit 28mph every time I follow my posted instructions. I switched to 3" Kenda craze when my knobbies wore out and it doesn't really feel like they have less resistance for some reason but definitely quieter.

I hit 35 miles an hour going down this hill

Attachments

• 20211029_121335.jpg
    20211029_121335.jpg
    456.5 KB · Views: 167
getting too old to go fast anymore. we have short hills only a block or two the tandem can get to over 30. plenty of long ones we could do much faster. way to old for that or maybe wise.

Spandex warriors on roadbikes are constantly hitting well over 30mph on flat roads.
Yeah, 30mph seems like a good limit.
yes but they have experience and a bike made for speed. not a fat tired small wheel bike with cheap breaks and a poor fit.

Personally, I am pulling the brakes at 25 mph on a full sized bike.

Back