Can't change motor tuning via Omni App

mike156

Hi Everyone,

I am a new ST-2 owner and loving the bike. I'd like to change Motor Tuning settings via the Omni app. In the attached screenshot, the Motor Tuning section appears, but I don't see a way to adjust Speed, Torque, Agility. There's no slider that I can drag. Tapping or swiping doesn't have an effect. Tapping the red arrow next to the Motor Tuning section doesn't have an effect.

I'm using a Verizon Samsung Note 5 in the US. I can lock and unlock the bike with the Omni app.

Attachments

• Motor Tuning.jpg
    Motor Tuning.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 455
Something in that screen shot doesnt look correct, the adjust is on the screen to the right after you hit the ">", what happens when you tap the arrow?

When I tap the red arrow, nothing happens. It doesn't even change from white to grey with my finger pressure.

Thanks for the suggestion. I think you might be right; when I am on the app's first screen and I pull down to refresh, the app tells me I have no connection to the stromer. But I have 3 bars on the bike plus the G symbol, so I feel like I should have a connection.

@mike156

This is a shot in the dark, what version of Android does your phone have? I have an Easy Motion Bike and my current Android HTC phone will not operate with it at all. Fortunately I don't have to use the Bluetooth, to use the bike and I'm overdue for a phone upgrade, so I'm hoping my issue will be resolved.

Might be helpful:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Android_version_history

Thanks, I appreciate it. I have Android 5.1.1, which was released in the second half of 2014, around the time the ST-2 came out, I think. In the google play store, the stromer app shows a little 3.2, which I think means the app should be compatible back to Android 3.2?

I believe the application functionality is dependent on the App and ST2 both connecting to "back end" servers AND that the two are linked on those servers. When you purchase an ST2 it needs to be tied to your cell number on these back end servers in order for them to communicate. When I had a controller board replaced on my ST2 this connection was severed (due to new serialization of the controller) and had to be re-established by a phone call to Stromer. I recommend you call them and they should be able to assist you.

I spoke with Joel. He was very helpful, very nice, very patient. We couldn't get it working, so I'm a little bummed. The bike, back end servers, and my phone number are connected. We re-installed the firmware. Joel was able to log in as me on his iPhone and control the tuning, but for some reason, it's not working on my Note 5 or tablet. Maybe it's an Android problem, but he says they have a lot of Android users, and only a few are reporting issues. Joel's going to contact Switzerland (I think he said Switzerland) about this and let me know what they say.

Back