Cane Creek Gen4 Thudbuster ST Seat Post

Nextinline

Hello all

Just seeking some wisdom and advice from the great crew of e-bikers on this forum.

I am thinking about buying one of the latest developments from Cane Creek. These seat posts cater for heavier riders up to 150kgs.

I tip the scales at 100kgs and, from what I have read, this would suit me perfectly.

Down here in Australia these seat posts are around the $350 to $380 mark so they are not a "low cost" investment.

As I ride a hardtail 29er I am seeking something to help ease the road and trail thumps that come through the frame.

Do any of you use these posts and do you have any advice or recommendations to help out a newbie with these?

Cheers

Nextinline

Attachments

• ThudbusterGen4.jpg
    ThudbusterGen4.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 406
Thanks for the response Thomas, but would you elaborate further please? How did these fail? Were the failures confined to the new Gen 4 ST seat post? What others are you referring to where you implied that they had not failed to the same extent?

Many thanks

I have Thudbuster posts on my 3 e-bikes and two more on my conventional Trek MTB's. I've ridden over 2000 miles on them with no major issues. I had to replace the bushings on my first one due to dirt & dust getting into the mechanism. I was advised by my LBS to use the "Crudbuster" boot covers and haven't had a problem since.

Make sure you have at least 3" exposed on your original seat post. This is required to allow room for the suspension mechanism. If you have 4" or more of exposed seat tube, you might consider the Thudbuster LT. It has 3" of travel vs the Thudbuster ST & 4G 's 1.5". Regardless of which model you choose, selecting the proper elastomer is key to getting a comfortable ride. I recommend getting several different elastomers and experiment with what works best.

If you are a tall rider like me, with 6" of post showing, consider getting the longer seat tube model if available. Also make sure you order the correct post diameter. A shim is often required.

BTW, welcome to the forum! You've come to the right place to ask questions!

Hello all

Just seeking some wisdom and advice from the great crew of e-bikers on this forum.

I am thinking about buying one of the latest developments from Cane Creek. These seat posts cater for heavier riders up to 150kgs.

I tip the scales at 100kgs and, from what I have read, this would suit me perfectly.

Down here in Australia these seat posts are around the $350 to $380 mark so they are not a "low cost" investment.

As I ride a hardtail 29er I am seeking something to help ease the road and trail thumps that come through the frame.

Do any of you use these posts and do you have any advice or recommendations to help out a newbie with these?

Cheers

Nextinline
Hi Nextinline,
I have recently invested in a Redshift Shockstop seatpost and have been very impressed with the increased comfort with the smoothing out of any road imperfections. The specs state that it can accommodate 110 kg riders.

Back