Canadian Labeling

P00r

In Canada the bike need to be 500W with 32KM limit stated on a labels put by the manufacturer, anybody got one of those labels on their Rize?
it seem they do not put anything on the bike. Not that I care that much since I mostly use it in pedal assist mode but I would prefer to have the labeling on it.

The only labels I could find at Bolton are the US version for labeling in MPH. I couldn't find anything for KPH used in Canada.

Thanks @grumph010 I wasn't able to locate them but assumed they would be US anyway

I believe the labels need to state the MFR and the Class of the bike, Class 2 in my case, I don't think that anybody will enforce this but would be nice to have MFR at least try to be compliant

@Mr AH, thanks for the site, it is still a good resource to know!

What makes a manufacturer? Is it whomever makes the metal, the material, or the part, or assembles finished product, or the person who resells the imported product? None of it is defined by the law.
Some province says that self made bikes will not have such a sticker. That doesn't even mean anything in particular. Does it mean self made doesn't need a sticker? The laws are all goof-mades. Nobody sells bikes with sticker from manufacturer anyhow.

The fact is that either the manufacturer or the distributor can make the labels, it's not because them sell bike without the labels that it is lawful it depend on the specific city who may or may not be too harsh on the e-bike regulation.

Country law specify that the manufacturer or the distributor should install the labels class

I found the following site who provide example of generic labels and clarify the law in the US

there's a PDF with the labels specification I am attaching it to this post.

Attachments

• 89389af069d71fb389_nzm6bh88i.pdf
    247.8 KB · Views: 589
Last edited:
The fact is that either the manufacturer or the distributor can make the labels, it's not because them sell bike without the labels that it is lawful it depend on the specific city who may or may not be too harsh on the e-bike regulation.

Country law specify that the manufacturer or the distributor should install the labels class

I found the following site who provide example of generic labels and clarify the law

there's a PDF with the labels specification I am attaching it to this post.
This thread is about Canadian laws, remember :)
Here the law states that the bike must have a manufacturer-affixed label or THE OWNER gets the trouble for being on the public road without it.
It's not who makes the labels it's about who affixes them. Manufacturer only.
A law that no company obeys, no owner can obey, and nobody enforces, needs to be removed, period.

Last edited:
Back