Can I charge my Jetson Bolt Pro folding electric bike battery directly from a solar panel?

I got my ebike for when I go camping but have problems with charging it. I have a gas generator in the RV and 4 - 200 watt solar panels. There is a limited time when I can run my generator where I camp. It seems like a really bad idea to run a generator for 3 to 4 hours to charge an ebike battery. How much gas and carbon in the air would that be? If I use the Solar panels, I then have to convert to 110, so I can plug my Jetson charger in, that will convert the 110 back to 12 or 18 volt direct. Is there away to just plug the solar panel directly into the battery and charge it?

I rarely use the bike and it was most likely a stupid idea purchasing it. I am in my 70's and wanted to go further away from the RV when we were camping to find that fishing spot! I figured I could bike few miles down the logging roads to locate fishing spots or just take pictures. I have no problem walking there, it is just getting back! The ebike is nice to use to visit people in the larger camp grounds.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
800 watts of solar is connected to a battery bank, correct? With that much solar, assuming you have a battery bank that is sized to match it, I wouldn't worry about the efficiency losses using a good true sine wave inverter.

I believe the Jetson uses a 36V battery. It needs to be charged off the Jetson charger for safety. You take some real risks of a battery fire plugging DC directly to it. If you can get 110V, then run the charger off AC.

It's only a $400 bike, isn't it. Beats walking,
I think this is correct for all batteries that use a specific charger.

So I am giving up on charging my trike battery while I am using it.

I'm going to wire my ebike battery into the system of the trike. Both being 36v.

Will that work?

You shouldn't try charging an ebike battery direct from solar as it needs a steady charge at a set voltage and amps.

This is what I use:

Back