Can anyone suggest a road-tire?

fitwit

My new XP should arrive some time this week or next.

Could someone suggest a good road-tire? No knobbies please, Thanks!!

The Vee Speedsters seem like a good match for road use on our XP's, a few members have them and have pretty good results. Bad news is they are running low on them on amazon.

Used to be able to just buy single tires of the Speedsters on Amazon but nobody has them in stock. I found a pair of Speedsters on Amazon which seem to be the only ones left in stock...

Better grab em while you can Id say.

Last edited:

Not a direct answer to your question but the Chaoyang that came on my Lectric XP (delivered late August '20) are surprisingly quiet on pavement. At least quieter than the "knobby" that were standard on my Sondors. I suggest trying the stock tires first before you invest in replacement tires.
LectricXP38a.jpg

Not a direct answer to your question but the Chaoyang that came on my Lectric XP (delivered late August '20) are surprisingly quiet on pavement. At least quieter than the "knobby" that were standard on my Sondors. I suggest trying the stock tires first before you invest in replacement tires.
View attachment 66218
+one. Use up those stock tires. You payed for them and they work well on the road if kept air up near max pressure.I was in the same boat and was researching more of a road based tire but after my first ride on the stock cst bft tires I stopped researching. Enjoy your new bike when you get it.It sure is fun.

View attachment 66218
I like what you did to your rims. Can you show a pic of the whole bike?

The Vee Speedsters seem like a good match for road use on our XP's, a few members have them and have pretty good results. Bad news is they are running low on them on amazon.

Used to be able to just buy single tires of the Speedsters on Amazon but nobody has them in stock. I found a pair of Speedsters on Amazon which seem to be the only ones left in stock...

Better grab em while you can Id say.
Here is the linked description:
"20x4.0 Speedster, Compatible With Vee Tire Junior Fat Tire Folding Bead TLR Fat Bike 1 or 2 Tires"

I don't understand the use of the phrase "compatible with".
Does this mean "compatible with (but not actually) Vee Tires"?

"fat bike 1 or 2 tires"
Does it indicate that you may buy 1, or buy 2 tires, ...or that the tires are suited for class 1 or class 2, but not class 3 speeds?

Here is the linked description:
"20x4.0 Speedster, Compatible With Vee Tire Junior Fat Tire Folding Bead TLR Fat Bike 1 or 2 Tires"

I don't understand the use of the phrase "compatible with".
Does this mean "compatible with (but not actually) Vee Tires"?

"fat bike 1 or 2 tires"
Does it indicate that you may buy 1, or buy 2 tires, ...or that the tires are suited for class 1 or class 2, but not class 3 speeds?

I am assuming they meant you could buy the tires seperately but did not specifiy that in the listing of the amazon page.

They are the exact same as these Vee Speedster single tire listings on Amazon, but these are completely sold out.

Last edited:
Thank you all for your advice/suggestions... as some have noted, best to keep the original tires since I paid for them, (of course... would never consider swapping these tires just yet) just thinking ahead for next year perhaps and as ebikes gain in popularity, I'm looking to get good deals ahead of time, as to have things ready when needed, instead of waiting weeks for new inventory.

Be safe everyone!!

Thank you all for your advice/suggestions... as some have noted, best to keep the original tires since I paid for them, (of course... would never consider swapping these tires just yet) just thinking ahead for next year perhaps and as ebikes gain in popularity, I'm looking to get good deals ahead of time, as to have things ready when needed, instead of waiting weeks for new inventory.

Be safe everyone!!
Kenda Kraze is the one you want whenever you decide to change them out

I just ordered a couple kenda kraze from rad bike. I can't find a video anywhere of someone removing the tire from a lectric xp rim.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1601746215313.jpg
    FB_IMG_1601746215313.jpg
    205.7 KB · Views: 2,711
Ok, the XP is now over 1000 miles and curious what to expect mileage wise from the stock CSTs? And are the Kenda Kraze indeed the best option for replacements?

Attachments

• 999.jpg
    999.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 410
Back