CAB Motorworks

Dustin OC

Region
USA
Sharing my experience with the Recon and CAB Motorworks.

The Recon and initial response of CAB was great. An issue with the bike occurred 1 month from new (power surge / drop at low speeds). It was looked at and it wasn't able to be resolved after a long effort to get them to look at it. A second issue with the battery prematurely losing state of health (30 cycles of use / 5 months old) which dropped 5% and continued to drop to 15% at 12 months and now 20% at 18 months (40 cycles total / 400 miles). CAB says it needs replacement at my cost ($3,000) while it's rated at 800 cycles with a 5 years life expectancy. The worst part is the bike just died twice on me and wouldn't restart without plugging it in. First it dropped quickly from 40%, to 30% and died at 17% within seconds. The second time it died at 52%. When I had questions, why it needs to be replaced so early (didn't want to buy another one only for it to fail again after a year) I never received a response. I left a negative review, it was deleted, left a 2nd review deleted again along with my account, then I received a response, but it wasn't to address my questions. It was to ask me to not leave this review. I left a 3rd review, only showing as 1. Surprising behavior for a bike at this price point with a company that claims to have excellent customer service.

Thanks for that. Still no resolution, no response from CAB... The only action they're taking is trying to cover up my poor experience. My 3rd review was deleted from their site and I haven't received a response at all after multiple unanswered attempts. I was hoping to come to a resolution in one way or another, but this is something that any potential customer should be aware. I'm fairly reasonable and if there is ever a resolution I'd be happy to report back that things changed and they made it right.

Attachments

• LatestReview.PNG
    LatestReview.PNG
    108 KB · Views: 284
Dustin, appreciate you putting this out there. I’ve been chatting with Chris about a Recon over the past few weeks. I was up late one night and actually saw your review on his site and by morning it was gone! Red flag for sure. Several things I’ve noticed about Cab Motorworks— no Google presence, no independent reviews, no BBB listing or reviews and no physical address shown anywhere (that I could find). Add to this your experience and I’m concerned. I certainly understand every builder/manufacturer has issues that arise, but it’s how they’re handled that makes the difference. I’m really hoping you have some good news to share soon. Hope you get a satisfactory resolution
— an afunctional $10+k bike sucks to say the least.

Thanks for the reply Mudman. It's unfortunate on many levels and I haven't received a reply or resolution. I'm speculating, but it doesn't seem like I'll ever hear back based on my experience so far. No long term customer relationship attempted on their part.

Sharing my experience with the Recon and CAB Motorworks.

The Recon and initial response of CAB was great. An issue with the bike occurred 1 month from new (power surge / drop at low speeds). It was looked at and it wasn't able to be resolved after a long effort to get them to look at it. A second issue with the battery prematurely losing state of health (30 cycles of use / 5 months old) which dropped 5% and continued to drop to 15% at 12 months and now 20% at 18 months (40 cycles total / 400 miles). CAB says it needs replacement at my cost ($3,000) while it's rated at 800 cycles with a 5 years life expectancy. The worst part is the bike just died twice on me and wouldn't restart without plugging it in. First it dropped quickly from 40%, to 30% and died at 17% within seconds. The second time it died at 52%. When I had questions, why it needs to be replaced so early (didn't want to buy another one only for it to fail again after a year) I never received a response. I left a negative review, it was deleted, left a 2nd review deleted again along with my account, then I received a response, but it wasn't to address my questions. It was to ask me to not leave this review. I left a 3rd review, only showing as 1. Surprising behavior for a bike at this price point with a company that claims to have excellent customer service.
I also had a similar experience with cab motorworks. I bought a Recon about 15 months ago and have had a series of breakdowns and headaches. My rear motor wheel spokes started snapping and I had to rebuild it. My controller fried and I had to replace it. Now it’s fried again and Chris (the owner of cab) decided he doesn’t want to support me. I’ve been emailing him back and forth for 5 months now asking for customer support and he keeps giving me empty promises without following up. I’m about to declare the bike a total loss ($12,000). It’s insane that they are charging so much money for a product that is utterly unreliable. They delete reviews from their website. And they just released a new bike called the Racer that cost $18000!?!? You can buy a super sport motorcycle for that price!

Back