taco_master

Region
USA
I want to warn potential customers about doing business with cab motorworks. I bought a Recon about 15 months ago and have had a series of breakdowns and headaches. My rear motor wheel spokes started snapping and I had to rebuild it. My controller fried and I had to replace it. Now it’s fried again and Chris (the owner of cab) decided he doesn’t want to support me. I’ve been emailing him back and forth for 5 months now asking for customer support and he keeps giving me empty promises without following up.

I’m about to declare the bike a total loss ($12,000). It’s insane that they are charging so much money for a product that is utterly unreliable. They delete reviews from their website. I am writing to share my experience that if you buy a product from cab motorworks, there is a very good chance that it will fail and become worthless.

I’ve reached out on their Facebook page and found that there are a handful of other customers experiencing bike issues. One guy had 3 controllers get fried, another had a failed motor on his brand new bike and had to pay extra $500 on top of his $12000 bike to get it repaired. The parts used for these bikes are identical to the Ali baba stealth bomber that you can buy for a fraction of the price.

Ok rant over. Beware!

Back