C7 Display on Metro+

Hi,
While there is a youtube video on how to change the C7 display from mph to kph, it doesn't explain what all the words and numbers mean on the display. I mean, I know what PAS is but it has some icons and no explanation of what they mean. Is there an online manual for this? It has 'trip 1' and 'trip 2' but I would like to know the total number of miles -- any way to find out? How do I zero out trip 2? I was able to zero out trip 1 but not trip 2. Also the display shows 'BMS' and a number like 51.4. What does BMS mean in this context?

Hi,
While there is a youtube video on how to change the C7 display from mph to kph, it doesn't explain what all the words and numbers mean on the display. I mean, I know what PAS is but it has some icons and no explanation of what they mean. Is there an online manual for this? It has 'trip 1' and 'trip 2' but I would like to know the total number of miles -- any way to find out? How do I zero out trip 2? I was able to zero out trip 1 but not trip 2. Also the display shows 'BMS' and a number like 51.4. What does BMS mean in this context?

BMS = battery management system.
51.4 is the current voltage in that 48V battery.
The battery voltage changes from 54v to 42v and, 48v is the median, nominal voltage.
Looks like your battery was roughly 80% charged.

When I turn on my display, it first shows 150, then it show 48v and 28. While 48v and 28 are easy to figure out, not sure what 150 means.

It then finishes its boot-up and shows this:

Attachments

• 0F4E1AB2-EB6D-46E6-9A91-AFDED86C87F6.jpeg
    0F4E1AB2-EB6D-46E6-9A91-AFDED86C87F6.jpeg
    507.1 KB · Views: 2,375
I was told I could program 28mph top speed with throttle . on the top speed board by setting it at zero. but zero does not come up. any 0ne getting 28 top speed with throttle.

Throttle on any (established company) bike is 20mph. With throttle on Magnum, there is no '0' (zero) setting for throttle. There is a setting '0' for pedelec.

Last edited:
I believe to accurately show the correct mph speed. Thin tires spin more than thick tires over the same distance.

Still confused. Tube diameter has no effect on tire circumference. You need tire circumference information for speed, not tube cross section.

I believe to accurately show the correct mph speed. Thin tires spin more than thick tires over the same distance.

Still confused. Tube diameter has no effect on tire circumference. You need tire circumference information for speed, not tube cross section.

There are tubes of different thickness that can fit on the same wheel, right? So the wheel with a thin tire would use more revolutions than a wheel with a thick tube, right? Now, to measure speed, the odometer counts the number of revolutions over a set period of time. From that, with the overall size of the wheel with the correct size tube, would correctly calculate the speed that you're going.

Anyone know what the other settings are on the display once inside the settings menu using the 8306 code. Specifically the P setting which is the first option and the second option, which looks like the left side of the letter "H".

@Citycrosser P is the speed limit for pedelec, left side of 'H' (which is actually a small 't') is the speed limit for the throttle. Other settings deal with the size of the wheel, the voltage and whether to display mph or kph.

Don't be afraid to try out the eco or power modes. The default is Normal. Your selection will "stick" even though the display will always show Power. I prefer the eco mode as it feels more natural to me. The mode determines how quickly the motor ramps up to full torqe. You will feel more a of lunge when the motor kicks in on Power and more of a gentle lift-off on eco.

Don't be afraid to try out the eco or power modes. The default is Normal. Your selection will "stick" even though the display will always show Power. I prefer the eco mode as it feels more natural to me. The mode determines how quickly the motor ramps up to full torqe. You will feel more a of lunge when the motor kicks in on Power and more of a gentle lift-off on eco.

After reading this the other day, I thought I'd give Eco another try as I had only used it briefly right after getting the Metro+. I do agree that that it feels more natural and will probably stick with this setting. One other change is that the display doesn't show the power going all the way, like when climbing a hill. It leaves the top bar not filled in. However, if one is under 20 mph, hitting the throttle fills in the last bar and you can feel the motor pulling just a little harder.

Back