brose new 630 watt battery

gbenny

does anyone know if this new battery will fit in a 2017 raleigh redux IE, which i believe is a 500 watt battery,looks like same size. If it does were can i buy one? thanks

does anyone know if this new battery will fit in a 2017 raleigh redux IE, which i believe is a 500 watt battery,looks like same size. If it does were can i buy one? thanks
I know this is an old post, but did you ever find this battery? I have a 2018 Redux iE and the battery got wet and is dead.

Same question. I've got a 2017 Raleigh Redux iE Step Over with a 3rd party (HITECH ENERGY Co.) battery Raleigh farmed out to HITECH ENERGY Co., apparently. A photo of the battery is attached. I can't get it rebuilt because, according to a rebuilder, the BMS is proprietary. Even if the Brose 630 battery is otherwise compatible, it might not fit into the downtube, but maybe someone on this forum can confirm whether it will fit and is compatible.

BTW, I called Diamondback bicycles, which was owned by the same company that owned Raleigh USA. The Diamondback rep told me that while they carry some replacement Raleigh parts, they don't carry any Raleigh batteries.

Attachments

• Raleigh Redux Battery Photo 2017.jpg
    Raleigh Redux Battery Photo 2017.jpg
    313.2 KB · Views: 202
That battery looks like the connectors are different and the lock is on the opposite end from the Redux iE battery. Looks like a no go. I’m going to try and get my battery rebuilt. If the BMS board is OK it shouldn’t be a problem to rebuild.

Unfortunately these requests will start appearing more and more as early eBike start aging out of their batteries but all the other components including the motor are still in good working order. I would get a second opinion on getting yours rebuilt if I was you.

I believe that many Brose motor battery cases are made by Darfon. I can only hope the below article is fully implemented so we can rest easy when our batteries are at their end of life. If anyone can comment on the article below , or knows where this service is being implemented, please chime in!

Back