Broken Hanger :(

I was explained any derailleur hanger was bike-specific. If the LBS can have them at hand, good. I have been waiting for a hanger for my Lovelec e-bike from the manufacturer in the neighbouring country for a month. They explained to me "it was the first time ever anyone made a Lovelec hanger bent in the company's history" :) It was pre-covid era but it was off-season and the factory had no hangers in their storage... So if it is a popular bike brand and a good LBS, chances are the hanger would be a commodity item. It is, however, not "a cheap mass product" easy to get. The first rule is: Have your derailleur properly adjusted. The second rule is: Replace the chain when stretched. The third rule is: Never lay the bike on the drive side.

The first rule is: Have your derailleur properly adjusted. The second rule is: Replace the chain when stretched. The third rule is: Never lay the bike on the drive side.
Might add a 4th rule, beware when riding thru muddy gravel 😉
And yes, I am grateful they had my hanger in stock. I only had to be without my bike one day. This week we are having glorious temperatures and I hate to miss any days this time if year since I know they are temporary.

1604463138430.png

I didn't think to check on the model number. i just know they told me it was an upgrade.

Back