Broke 5000 miles on my Radwagon in just over 1 year

Barkme Wolf

5000 miles and still going.

Attachments

• 18920814_1932496413654246_6026766674425874367_o.jpg
    18920814_1932496413654246_6026766674425874367_o.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 592
You are a serious road warrior!

I'm thinking I might be around 3500 miles on my Radrover(s) when my 1 year comes up in September. My mileage is a little different because I'm splitting the road time between his and her Radrovers (around 1200 miles apiece now). The wife only put around 100 miles so far out of 1200. I just use both for work commuting and switch off to keep the wear/tear/mileage around the same. Replacing the Kenda tires with Vee Rubber Vee8 was the only non-warranty thing I did so far.

You are a serious road warrior!

I'm thinking I might be around 3500 miles on my Radrover(s) when my 1 year comes up in September. My mileage is a little different because I'm splitting the road time between his and her Radrovers (around 1200 miles apiece now). The wife only put around 100 miles so far out of 1200. I just use both for work commuting and switch off to keep the wear/tear/mileage around the same. Replacing the Kenda tires with Vee Rubber Vee8 was the only non-warranty thing I did so far.
Tires look appropriately aggressive. I put a Schwalbe Balloon tire on my rear but there is little grip. It slides out on me in tight turns on slick terrain.

Impressive! I have about half that mileage after 1 year. I wimped out and took a few months off during winter due to cold/rain/etc. Swapped out the Kendas for Schwalbe Marathon Plus, and very happy with them. 1700 miles, no flats and rarely need to inflate.

Do any of you park your bikes outside? I don't have a place to park inside at work and wonder how it's held up in the rain.

I'm lucky to be able to take my bike inside and store in my server room on the 2nd floor. I use the elevator at 6am and down the back fire escape stairs to exit in rear of building in the afternoon. I think I would have a waterproof cover with a couple of bungee cords if I had to store outdoors (can get really windy in NM).

Outdoor bike covers start at $15 on Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/Puroma-Outdo...9872852&sr=8-3&keywords=waterproof+bike+cover

Riding 5000 miles in one year is very impressive! No wonder you need to to so much maintenance on your bike. But keep it up!

I'm lucky to be able to take my bike inside and store in my server room on the 2nd floor. I use the elevator at 6am and down the back fire escape stairs to exit in rear of building in the afternoon. I think I would have a waterproof cover with a couple of bungee cords if I had to store outdoors (can get really windy in NM).

Did I read that right? You take the bike up to the server room in the morning but take the bike down fire escape stairs when you leave? I guess that is one flight. I was picturing lots of stairs in my head when I first read that. i:)i

The building is only has three floors and the fire escape stairwell is very wide at around 12-15 feet with double doors on every floor. Very easy to walk the Radrover down just by modulating both hand brakes.

Back