Bought a Turbo Levo Hardtail yesterday but it keeps turning off!

sparked

Hi folks

I literally bought the last small frame 2020 Levo HT available in Melbourne. Love the bike. The geometry is perfect and I can’t wait to tear up some dirt in it

BUT

On my first 2 rides I’ve noticed I turn it on and then within 10 mins it turns itself off. I noticed my phone lose connection in Mission Control when it first occurred.

Additionally Mission Control has not recorded any stats in the time I did ride. In fact I don’t think the motor has worked at all! I can’t hear it. And pedal assist feels same whether it’s on or off.

I have called the LBS and they are contacting Specialized to find out what the issue could be. I also live 1.5 hours from them just complicate matters.

I’m so sad!

Anyone have any ideas on what issue might be or experienced this themselves? There won’t be more bikes till September!!

Hope it’s not a lemon!

Hi folks

I literally bought the last small frame 2020 Levo HT available in Melbourne. Love the bike. The geometry is perfect and I can’t wait to tear up some dirt in it

BUT

On my first 2 rides I’ve noticed I turn it on and then within 10 mins it turns itself off. I noticed my phone lose connection in Mission Control when it first occurred.

Additionally Mission Control has not recorded any stats in the time I did ride. In fact I don’t think the motor has worked at all! I can’t hear it. And pedal assist feels same whether it’s on or off.

I have called the LBS and they are contacting Specialized to find out what the issue could be. I also live 1.5 hours from them just complicate matters.

I’m so sad!

Anyone have any ideas on what issue might be or experienced this themselves? There won’t be more bikes till September!!

Hope it’s not a lemon!
Presumably the LBS tested the bike before they handed it over?

If you want to do something yourself, take a look at:

There is a longer thread where some of us disussed the same issue - I bought the product Sierratim recommended, and it worked for me.

Yes the 10 minute turn off signals/suggests the software thinks the bike is idle because no "connection" with motor, ...

Yes the 10 minute turn off signals/suggests the software thinks the bike is idle because no "connection" with motor, ...

Yes I think the seal isn’t tight enough when the charger door is closed. Looking into it now w my LDS

Yes I think the seal isn’t tight enough when the charger door is closed. Looking into it now w my LDS
Not sure/convinced about how "on the ball" Specialized Australia are in case of the electric bikes, ... interested to hear how you get on.

Back