bosch smartphone hub heart rate monitor

retiredNH

Region
USA
Searched google with the title words. A Bosch link popped up at the top: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/us/service/faq/which-heart-rate-monitors-can-be-used-with-the-on-1504

That link led me to the owners manual: https://www.bosch-ebike.com/fileadm...SmartphoneHub-CUI100-MY21-US.pdf?_=1598970075

No surprise, the owners manual has no useful or relevant information regarding what HRM work with the smart phone hub or Cobi.bike.

Why does Bosch make finding simple information so difficult? Does anyone know where I can find a list of compatible devices? I remember reading in the past that many HRM don't work with this thing.

I must say yet again, the smartphone hub and Cobi.bike are the worst documented devices and apps I have ever worked with. The question is: Why? Why torture us customers/users?

Hello!

My apologies for the difficulty with compatibility information here. I promise- Bosch is not trying to make anything difficult for anyone.

We are able to publish the compatibility specs for connecting 3rd-party devices to Bosch products, but we are not able to supply a chart for actual compatible devices. We have no control over how other companies design their products, their actual alignment with published wireless communications standards, and their freedom to introduce rolling changes to their products that would negate a previous compatibility statement.

If we listed a 3rd party device in our manual as being compatible, and the 3rd-party company changed their design without our knowledge, customers would end-up in a bad spot.

The Bosch SPH works with most HRMs that broadcast the HR signal via bluetooth. Be wary of devices that advertise BT, but use it for smartphone connection, and still use ANT+ for HR. Compatible devices must use BT for HR signal broadcast.

This is where building a relationship with you local shop comes in... I recommend speaking with your local, knowledgeable Bosch dealer and seeing what products they can recommend based on their experiences with other customers an devices. Many shops will have several "go-to" HRMs that they have tested, frequently use themselves, and can recommend to their customers. Most reputable bicycle dealers will sell you a HRM and help you get it connected, but offer you a refund in the event it will not work, which takes the risk out for you.

I would also think that some of the forum users here may be able to make some good recommendations based on experience.

Thank you William. This is helpful, but why isn't it discussed in the documentation or somewhere easily found? And reading between the lines, so to speak, it seems like connectivity is a bit hit or miss?

My problem with LBS is that the nearest one with any size, where we bought our Allants, is at least an hour away. We go in that direction sporadically. Most stuff we need we order online, for obvious reasons.

Maybe others will have recommendations?

Thank you William. This is helpful, but why isn't it discussed in the documentation or somewhere easily found? And reading between the lines, so to speak, it seems like connectivity is a bit hit or miss?
This is a great question.

I agree- compatibility information, even without a list of actual 3rd-party devices, should be easier to find from Bosch. I appreciate the feedback, we will use this in our continued effort to improve.

I've attached an unofficial chart below that one of my colleagues just shared with me in response to your initial question. It is by no means comprehensive, and there are likely more HRM products that will work, but these are the ones that have been tested successfully.

HRM list.png

Back