Bosch Kiox retrofit

mikemike

I'm in process of buying (actually waiting for it to arrive) Kiox retrofit kit - to replace useless purion display,

I wonder if anybody tried to replace purion with kiox in Bosch Gen4 - if it's complicated or not?
As I understand I will need to remove crank from one side and remove motor case - since it will require new wiring - am I right?

I'm in process of buying (actually waiting for it to arrive) Kiox retrofit kit - to replace useless purion display,

I wonder if anybody tried to replace purion with kiox in Bosch Gen4 - if it's complicated or not?
As I understand I will need to remove crank from one side and remove motor case - since it will require new wiring - am I right?

Hey Mike, yes this will require new wiring from the drive unit up to the Kiox mount. When introducing new components to the system, we recommend a software update that can be performed at your local Bosch dealer.

Hey Mike, yes this will require new wiring from the drive unit up to the Kiox mount. When introducing new components to the system, we recommend a software update that can be performed at your local Bosch dealer.
This bike is new model - I believe it has more-less latest firmware versions
drive - 1.0.3
batt 1.9.1.0

Going to dealer could be tricky and very time consuming now.

How does the kiox calculate calories .. does it use cadence, power and heart rate? Or none of them?

I also plan on upgrading my purion display, which I also find next to useless. Presently, I'm still trying to determine if the new Nyon is worth the added expense over the Kiox.

What ever happened to the OP and this conversion?

What ever happened to the OP and this conversion?
Yeah, why would these bike companies stick Purions on 6-10k ebikes? I know when I was inquiring about the Bulls Iconic, it was a 280 upcharge to have the Kiox added. Why not just make it the standard display?

Back