Bosch Gen4 Perf Line CX stutters in Turbo after update - why? ('21Trek Rail 7)

My dealer updated my bike to the latest editions of everything. He thought they came from the factory updated. The sensor needed an adjustment also and now my bike is running great again.

TR
Glad to hear all is well!

The eBike should always leave the OEM's assembler with the latest software version. BUT... there is always some amount of time that will elapse between assembly/programming, and the eBike making it into your hands. Sometimes you'll still have the latest version when you first get the bike, other times there will be an update available.

During our Certification trainings, we always encourage shops to update new eBikes for this very reason.

Glad to hear all is well!

The eBike should always leave the OEM's assembler with the latest software version. BUT... there is always some amount of time that will elapse between assembly/programming, and the eBike making it into your hands. Sometimes you'll still have the latest version when you first get the bike, other times there will be an update available.

During our Certification trainings, we always encourage shops to update new eBikes for this very reason.
Yes, but remember my bike worked fine using the Gen 3 software version. It wasn't until the LBS upgraded it to the Gen 4 software that things were changed apparently. Don't know why. In fact, I remember getting my mountain bike and seeing it had Sport mode as one of the settings. I took it back in, and the dealer's tech said, Whoops, yeah you needed the other software update. The next update included EMTB, but that's when my problems started last Fall. I don't know why "tire size" needed updating because I never changed the tire size for this new Rail 7 mountain bike, but whatever. It works now.

Back