Bosch Engine Noise

I'm sure there bad motors out there. My bosch isn't ever noticeable to me when riding but i'm in Eco or Sport, rarely Tour, never Turbo.
To me the magic of the bosch setup is it's torque sensor setup and how it only gives you the boost that you earn. To get big boost you MUST work hard yourself, then you get rewarded.
If you're lazy or tired and not inputting much effort you won't get much boost at the lower levels.
Lots of other Ebikes want to show you how powerful they are up front (american way?) and give you lots of boost relative to the peddle input given.
I'm pretty sure that LOTS of people that test ride bosch setups never feel how much power they really have because they themselves never peddle hard enough to trigger 'big boost'.
Interesting, I use tour and eco equally, sport rarely and turbo once in a blue moon. I wonder if it's to do with the different terrain we cover.

I agree. For me the noise rated highly, but the fact that I'm commuting on it, rather than driving my car (on my own), and that I can get up the hills I used to, and that it feels like I have a strong tailwind when I need it, make up for its weight and it would for the noise too, if there was any.

My guess is that most of the noise we hear is from gear lash. There are some very cool videos on youtube about how the air gets pressed between the teeth of the gears. There are also some cutaway photos of the gears, google can be your friend. http://papers.sae.org/911943/

jeff

Back