Bosch CX motor software upgrade

Has anyone done the upgrade? With a Purion does it still say 'SPORT' or does it now say 'EMTB'?

Found this on the web. I'm assuming this is what the mode display looks like. IMG_9484.PNG

Last Thursday was the first time I took my recently updated Haibike FS CX powered bike and spent most the ride in EMTB mode. On the Intuvia display it still shows "SPORT" as it always did. I initially really liked it because it made it a little more "intuitive" like my Brose powered Bulls. Was nice just to leave it in "automatic" rather than actively change the power setting depending on the terrain and desired assist. However, like Ravi and maybe others have reported, it does suck the juice much more than my usual changing modes (I previously rode mostly in TOUR, and just occasionally go into TURBO on steep climbs). I found myself 13 miles into the out-and-back ride with only 2 bars left. It was mostly flowy singletrack but with several good serious climbs. Got a little concerned with only having 2 bars left so I put it in ECO for the ride back. Made it with only 1 mile of range left, for a total ride of 22 miles. I have the 400 watt battery. So my takeaway is that emtb is fun, and for casual rides less than 20 miles, or somebody new to emtbs is trying out my bike, but to maximize range I think it is best to manually change modes.

I got off the phone with Motostrano a little while ago and it looks like the firmware update doesn't include eMTB mode for US bikes that had walk-mode disabled. There was a bug in the firmware for the US non-walk-mode bikes so the update only adds some extra torque for now. An update in Oct. will bring eMTB mode for the US bikes without walk-mode. If you have a bike with walk-mode then you can update your firmware and get eMTB instead of 'SPORT'.

Humm... That is very interesting and makes sense. I just assumed since I got the most recent update it had the new emtb mod despite still showing "SPORT". My '16 Xduro doesn't have the walk mode. It certainly felt different, and perhaps because there was more torque in the new SPORT mode without the big hit of the TURBO I just assumed it was the new eMTB mode. This could be very good news as perhaps when the real eMTB mode comes out for the non-walk assist bikes it will help increase range in that mode.

Humm... That is very interesting and makes sense. I just assumed since I got the most recent update it had the new emtb mod despite still showing "SPORT". My '16 Xduro doesn't have the walk mode. It certainly felt different, and perhaps because there was more torque in the new SPORT mode without the big hit of the TURBO I just assumed it was the new eMTB mode. This could be very good news as perhaps when the real eMTB mode comes out for the non-walk assist bikes it will help increase range in that mode.
I just watched the Citrus Cycles review of the R&M Delite ROHLOFF version with updated software. In the video at the 27 minute mark he shifts into eMTB mode and the 'Sport' is displayed as in the past, but at the bottom of the Intuvia, where things like time, range, etc are usually displayed, 'eMTB' is displayed for about a second or so, and then reverts to whatever info data that had been previously selected.

I have a 2017 Bulls SIX50+ E FS 3 that I've ridden about 25 times for a total distance of approximately 250 miles. My 10.5 mile loop has a 22 degree grade for about mile and then has some shorter steeper climbs as well. Two days ago I had the firmware updated from 1.6.0.0 to 1.7.0.0 which gave me the new eMTB mode. I didn't like it at first but after a couple miles I liked it better than regular sport mode. It does reduce the number of pedal assist level changes and I was hoping they had fixed the surging problem when in a larger gear on the flats but they didn't. I've only been on one 10.5 mile ride with the new mode so haven't had a chance to determine the effect on range. Someone else reported that they saw an increase in battery consumption but I didn't see that on my first ride. I'll post again once I've ridden with the new mode a few more times.

Does installation of the update eliminate direct (and limited) access to the "tour" mode or only to the "Sport" plus "Turbo" modes?

I took my Townie Go Bosch Performance motor in for some work at the local dealer. For some reason the battery wouldn't charge beyond 75% and it would turn on in my bike. Well they upgraded the software to 1.7 cleared out all the errors and the bike works better than before. So I would say from my experience that you should defininately upgrade you system to 1.7 from 1.6, I feel that the bike runs smoother, and it also seems that I have more range on my bike for some reason. Maybe just my imagination but it seems that it shows more range than before. Also I didn't really like version 1.6, it seems I started having problems when I upgraded to 1.6. Bottom line upgrade to 1.7
Hi! Guys is there software can download using laptop computer to ugrade the system of bosch perfirmance line cx?

@Arnel Philippines unfortunately not as this can only be done by an authorized dealer who has the software.
Thanks for the reply. Our bike group in Philippines. We purchased the bike from motostrano from joe. First bike is ok. After testing on the trail. Then we buy some of model. But the problem. Is we dont have local support. Its hard also to comunicate on our dealer. Thats why were looking. were to buy new motor performance line cx. To replace one of our haibike. Or any person in motostrano can read some of my message. Were group of haibike bikers in manila Philippines. Thanks again

@Arnel Philippines, sorry to hear you are having issues with your bike and communicating with your dealer. Unfortunately with a Bosch unit a dealer needs to get it back and have it reprogrammed to work on your bike.

As with some other systems like rear hub motors you just buy a new one and put it on the bike. The Bosch system is a little more complex than that as it needs to be programed to the correct gearing ratios for the drive, wheel size, country specifications for speed etc.... It's not a buy a new one and pit it on the bike unfortunately.

The bike really needs to be brought in for servicing. I am still pretty sure your issue is not going to be the drive but rather a firmware update. But once again that would need to be seen.

I hope this clarifies why it may be a little difficult to get help.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com

@Arnel Philippines, sorry to hear you are having issues with your bike and communicating with your dealer. Unfortunately with a Bosch unit a dealer needs to get it back and have it reprogrammed to work on your bike.

As with some other systems like rear hub motors you just buy a new one and put it on the bike. The Bosch system is a little more complex than that as it needs to be programed to the correct gearing ratios for the drive, wheel size, country specifications for speed etc.... It's not a buy a new one and pit it on the bike unfortunately.

The bike really needs to be brought in for servicing. I am still pretty sure your issue is not going to be the drive but rather a firmware update. But once again that would need to be seen.

I hope this clarifies why it may be a little difficult to get help.

regards,

Will
shop.scooteretti.com
Good day. Thanks. I received message from motostrano. He message me once. He told me. he want me to send the old one before they replaced and send another. Im willing to send the damage one. But again. Im still waiting for his message for more details that i need. before shipping it. I have nabor that will fly to USA. And ask him to hand carry my bosch motor.

Attachments

• 15183136660681188752871.jpg
    15183136660681188752871.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 694
@Arnel Philippines unfortunately not as this can only be done by an authorized dealer who has the software.
Hi sir. Were can i buy the bosch motor? I plan to send it back to USA for a replacement. But i dont know were to buy. My dealer wont reply to all my messages. I will sent it from Philippines to America. But i dont know were. So they can study whats wrong to my bosch motor. Hope you could help me..

Thanks
Arnel

Attachments

• mmexport1518317199054.jpg
    mmexport1518317199054.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 604
Hey guys, I did the software update with eMTB for my Haibike Hardine 5.0 29er, I think they removed the access to the wheel diameter in the Intuvia menu ? Or it's hidden somewhere else ?

Last edited:
Got my update yesterday at Propel, no info on the Bosch site, about what's the difference. The one thing I did notice, is a more accurate Range reading while in Eco mode (I assume the same to the rest).

Can any dealer perform the firmware update? Right now I am in Philly and I can't find a Haibike dealer but there are Trek dealers close by can they also perform this update (also what is a average price charged for the update?)?

I assume yes, when I went to get mine upgraded I went to the shop that I purchased the bike (close to work, but no to home) and they mentioned I could have went to any Bosch dealer to get it done (which there's one or two that are closer to me). If anything call them and see if they can provide the update, it took about 5-10 minutes to do.

Back