Bosch battery bms problem

liksad_ebike

Hello dear Ebike users & experts

A day before my Cube Reaction pro didnt turn on, I removed the battery & using a voltage meter it doesnt show any voltage in her port. I opened (because we in Albania dont have a bosch dealer) And it looks like BMS has a problem. Batteries shown 42V fully charged but in bms output nothing.

Any suggestions how to fix it? Where I can purchase a new bms?

you may try resetting it.did you try resetting it? by holding the battery button on the battery down for I think 20 seconds?

Hello dear Ebike users & experts

A day before my Cube Reaction pro didnt turn on, I removed the battery & using a voltage meter it doesnt show any voltage in her port. I opened (because we in Albania dont have a bosch dealer) And it looks like BMS has a problem. Batteries shown 42V fully charged but in bms output nothing.

Any suggestions how to fix it? Where I can purchase a new bms?

below is the simple procedure to reset the BMS.

I do not think Bosch will sell you a BMS. Otheirs have tried to source the BMS without any luck.

Attachments

• 9E5EDF30-7A18-4871-9CF7-7162E49C41CD.png
    9E5EDF30-7A18-4871-9CF7-7162E49C41CD.png
    693.2 KB · Views: 3,101
And it actually seems fine in that there is no voltage presented on a Bosch battery connector until 5VDC is supplied to the 3rd conductor, then the BMS releases the battery to the other conductors. Normal behavior. This is what the link i provided explains.

And it actually seems fine in that there is no voltage presented on a Bosch battery connector until 5VDC is supplied to the 3rd conductor, then the BMS releases the battery to the other conductors. Normal behavior. This is what the link i provided explains.
But he says he opened it up, so he should get a reading at the BMS leads.

New Update:

When I press the button, lights up for 2 sec and turn off. I tried to reset but nothing happens.
A video demonstrating the role of each component is very necessary or how to check if they works.

Thanks gays for all your comments.

SymptomIndicatorCause/Corrective Action
LEDs #2 and #4 flash on the charge indicatorA defect is detected in the battery pack. Contact us for assistance.
LEDs #1 #3 and #5 flash on the charge indicatorThe battery pack is outside of the charging temperature range. Attempt charging again when the pack is between 32° and 104° F.
No LEDs appear when pressing the indicator buttonThe battery pack is at or below 5% charge. Plug battery into charger.

The Bosch battery is protected from deep discharge, overcharge, overheat, and short-circuit by an internal Electronic Cell Protection (ECP). In these hazardous situations, the protective circuit automatically switches off the battery pack.

--- This may be old/inaccurate information ---

Your battery may be fine but other cables/problems may be the problem. Charge the display unit if possible, etc.
Yes!

Somewhat common occurrence... eBike fails to turn on using display, due to low display battery. You can check this by turning eBike on using Battery power button.

If this is the issue, resolve by charging display (Intuvia, Kiox, Nyon) or replacing (2) internal CR2016 batteries (Purion.)

Might also be worth trying a different charger, if you have access to one.

[edited for accuracy on July 1, 2020]
@liksad_ebike Even if your region is not supported, you a bicycle dealer can generally make a phone call to a Bosch Technical Hotline in a supported region, and they should be able to give you the dealer some technical guidance. No warranty, no parts support, etc., but they can help you the dealer diagnose. For safety reasons, we strongly recommend never opening up a Bosch eBike Systems battery.

Last edited:
Back