Bosch 2022 updates

gringo

Region
USA
City
Seattle
Today Bosch announced some new hardware and software they are bringing to market in Model Year 2022 (MY2022), including powertube 750 battery, Kiox 300 display/controller, Flow app, and other updates:

and:

I'm curious how these may be integrated into Trek bikes. I'd be really interested to know if the 750 Wh battery will fit into the existing Trek Allant frames (I suspect not, but it would be cool).

Today Bosch announced some new hardware and software they are bringing to market in Model Year 2022 (MY2022), including powertube 750 battery, Kiox 300 display/controller, Flow app, and other updates:

and:

I'm curious how these may be integrated into Trek bikes. I'd be really interested to know if the 750 Wh battery will fit into the existing Trek Allant frames (I suspect not, but it would be cool).
no it looks like only the new motors will use it. no way to fit a larger battery in most bikes.

no it looks like only the new motors will use it. no way to fit a larger battery in most bikes.
Have you found any information that suggests the 750wh battery is larger than the 625wh case (and therefore may not fit in a bike that currently holds a 625wh powertube)?

This is correct. The 500, 625, and 750 wh powertubes are all different lengths - Bosch has the dimensions on their site now.
My 500w Powertube mounted to a outer case (or shell) for an Allant +7s sure looks like it has room for a longer battery such as the 625w.

My 500w Powertube mounted to a outer case (or shell) for an Allant +7s sure looks like it has room for a longer battery such as the 625w.
Ah, that explains it. Your Allant's frame was built to hold a 625wh powertube (they sell Allants with both size batteries). So it can fit a 500wh powertube as long as the battery has the spacer on the end which makes it as big as a 625wh powertube.
BDCDC8F9-5324-4278-A64A-0CB2232FC3EA.jpeg

A few more examples from othe mfr's
New-Neu-Moustache-Samedi-29-Game-2020-Test-Review-emtb-7-2-1140x760.jpg

bosch-macht-e-mountainbiken-flexibel (1).jpg

But if you have a bike built for a 500wh powertube(ie designed before 2019) you're not likely to be able to go bigger.

This is correct. The 500, 625, and 750 wh powertubes are all different lengths - Bosch has the dimensions on their site now.
Correct.

The following site shows the dimensions, which indicate that the 750 Wh battery is 68 mm longer than the 625 Wh battery. And the 625 Wh battery is 67mm longer than the 500 Wh battery.

The Allant frames support both 500 Wh battery (with a spacer) and 625 Wh battery (with no spacer). Therefore, there is no way a 750Wh battery would fit in the existing Allant (at least not with modifying the frame).

Yes, the eMTB crowd also wished the larger battery would fit in their bikes but alas, it's not to be. As for the controller, those can be interchanged and or upgraded but takes bit of work for you or your LBS.

Back