BMC Alpenchallenge AMP E-bikes

Fixation kit? I wonder which one they are talking about.

So I got the answer from BMC

On the Engine:
E6100:
  • Boost: 93 km
  • Trail: 130 km
  • Eco: 185 km
E8000:
  • Boost : 50 km (400 m altitude)
  • Trail : 75 km (600 m altitude)
  • Eco : 100 km (800 m altitude)

But I found other website where it was higher...

For The Rack : Tubus Fly evo and Fixation Kit: Tubus Alu Roundstay rear carrier to be bend to adjust mount...

I tried the M and I was good on it... there is no L in the area... I found the E8000 Engine really powerfull, 1rst Ebike Try....[/QUOTE

Yes, I knew the problems I can face, But still i decided to do it. My commute from home to work is all through tracks exclusively for bikes, the fact that I have the software to remove the limit, doesnt means im going faster than the rest, the fact i remove the speed limit is not to become an speed demon, its to have a more comfortable ride for what I need: to arrive to work on time without sweating like pig.
Ive found the 25km/h not enough, 30km/h ( like in some countries is actually already happening) would be better. When I cycle, in fact, I find nobody here goes under 25km/h.
The difference now, is that I can properly keep an steady speed of 30km/h or so without sweating. I arrive always on time to work, ready to work without having to take a shower before... the days that im interested in have a proper excersise I put back the speed limit from the app in my iPhone. ( the software comes with a smarthphone app to control everything from your phone).
I know its about perceptions, but I do seen on daily basis people with “regular” bikes behaving like crazy on the streets.

totally understandable... no risk no fun... I'd love to have a "boost" button for 30km/h sometimes... (btw; the shimano software has a bug where you can drive faster than 25km/h without any modification; I did not tell you that ;-) ) I never use it...

E8000:
  • Boost : 50 km (400 m altitude)
  • Trail : 75 km (600 m altitude)
  • Eco : 100 km (800 m altitude)
I agree with the E8000 data, as I use approx 5Wh/Km in Eco on my commuter which weighs in at 23-25kg (depending on what’s in my pack) which would be heavier than the BMC

totally understandable... no risk no fun... I'd love to have a "boost" button for 30km/h sometimes... (btw; the shimano software has a bug where you can drive faster than 25km/h without any modification; I did not tell you that ;-) ) I never use it...

Really?
How? in which menu?

actually, it has a bit of that... but really... I'm not kidding.
My LBS told me that in fact by law yes they cannot assist but what they are doing now after 25 in order not to fill like Honey is to simulate and assist to the same level and thus it bring a better experience.

This might be the wrong bike for you. There are very good 28mph bosch based "bikes" out there... or try one of the stromer ones; they are high quality too.

I looked at the Stromer and I like it a lot, but at 62lbs it should come with the AAA (towing) service :) Plus I have my doubts whether Stromer will make it...
BMC is one of the very few with 35lbs bike.

So... My local bike shop managed to find me Cross Limited which is exactly what I wanted so I bought it :)

I did te same Last Friday... I found a real Offer at the Tri bike shop in Zurich... So I placed my order....
Looking forward to send you the pics and review....

Next steps will be to see how to mounts a Rack as the one mentioned by BMC cannot have Tire more than 38 but the cross has 40....
Waiting Gerardo post on the one he is waiting...

Got my BMP Cross and its really nice ride.

One of the things I am noticing is that assistance power delivery is very choppy. At a times it will cut out for no reason at all. This can't be right. Anyone else noticed this?

One of the things I am noticing is that assistance power delivery is very choppy. At a times it will cut out for no reason at all. This can't be right. Anyone else noticed this?

nice.

you say it cuts out below 25km/h? I never ever had that. So I'd bring that bike back

So I went to day for my first real tour 1h50 with the bike that I picked up yesterday evening at the shop...
Despite the gloomy weather and even 1h deep rain, I didn’t felt it due to the so much joy I had with my new machine....

I didn’t mount the clic pedal yet as I was such in a hurry.... but I must say I will even be better.

It is astonishing. On Road, Gravel and little dirt.... The BMC Cross LTD is the perfect compromise!

On the road, it is a mix feeling between the MTB and the Racebike. Easy to take above 30km on the flat with no issue so I would say easier than the MTB but not as easy as the Racebike of course...(was happy to catch some triathlon guys on the flat.... Ok they were kind of resting at 35km.

Going up hill on the Road it feel much comfortable as a MTB and you can feel like an heavy race bike for the feeling. When it goes above 18% Motor is a really nice to have and the difference between the mode is clearly visible (where I am 12-15 with the race bike I could be at 22) I almost felt on my legs it was a little hill....
So Ebike there is a really cool feature... but the best is to come.
Downhill the bike feels and is sharp as a race bike so 66.5km/h feel really safe to take turn and behave much better that what I would have expected.

On the Gravel I was completely surprised. The grip is as good even better than MTB and has there is no active suspension, just the MTT it is much sharper and quicker... Feel really safe even drafting on gravel without any issue and the feeling is great, I was surprised not to be too much shaked from the Carbon Frame.... Behaviour is great.

On Small Dirt tire and bike behave sharp and quick, and that’s where I really understood what ebike does uphill in the dirt at low speed on single tracks.... I felt like I was having wings....

Overall
The best Compromise I could ever think of.
For the Bicycle paths and footpaths in Switzerland with mix of road/Gravel/Light Dirt. The motor is just great in hilly situation and not a problem to take over 30-35 when flat and just the big Smile to keep above 25k when hilly in worth case...

So only for road, race bike will remains my favorite but for the mix, and for the fun I think this will become my everyday bike and my wife will be able to use it and I will follow with the MTB.

Still so much fun and stars in my eyes... I do not regret at all.

Only after 25 and if you are just accelerating smoothly and in ECO mode you almost don’t fill the cut....

So I went to day for my first real tour 1h50 with the bike that I picked up yesterday evening at the shop...
Despite the gloomy weather and even 1h deep rain, I didn’t felt it due to the so much joy I had with my new machine....

I didn’t mount the clic pedal yet as I was such in a hurry.... but I must say I will even be better.

It is astonishing. On Road, Gravel and little dirt.... The BMC Cross LTD is the perfect compromise!

On the road, it is a mix feeling between the MTB and the Racebike. Easy to take above 30km on the flat with no issue so I would say easier than the MTB but not as easy as the Racebike of course...(was happy to catch some triathlon guys on the flat.... Ok they were kind of resting at 35km.

Going up hill on the Road it feel much comfortable as a MTB and you can feel like an heavy race bike for the feeling. When it goes above 18% Motor is a really nice to have and the difference between the mode is clearly visible (where I am 12-15 with the race bike I could be at 22) I almost felt on my legs it was a little hill....
So Ebike there is a really cool feature... but the best is to come.
Downhill the bike feels and is sharp as a race bike so 66.5km/h feel really safe to take turn and behave much better that what I would have expected.

On the Gravel I was completely surprised. The grip is as good even better than MTB and has there is no active suspension, just the MTT it is much sharper and quicker... Feel really safe even drafting on gravel without any issue and the feeling is great, I was surprised not to be too much shaked from the Carbon Frame.... Behaviour is great.

On Small Dirt tire and bike behave sharp and quick, and that’s where I really understood what ebike does uphill in the dirt at low speed on single tracks.... I felt like I was having wings....

Overall
The best Compromise I could ever think of.
For the Bicycle paths and footpaths in Switzerland with mix of road/Gravel/Light Dirt. The motor is just great in hilly situation and not a problem to take over 30-35 when flat and just the big Smile to keep above 25k when hilly in worth case...

So only for road, race bike will remains my favorite but for the mix, and for the fun I think this will become my everyday bike and my wife will be able to use it and I will follow with the MTB.

Still so much fun and stars in my eyes... I do not regret at all.

happy to hear. every line your wrote I've matched my experience of the last 8 months with this bike and got me reminded how well and stable it runs at high speed. Its a real bike tho and a good one.

Back