Blue PAS level numbers are almost invisible.

ELIDUC

Has anyone had this problem? My wife has only ridden the new 700 twice. Yesterday while on a paved country road She had to stop dismount and I had to cover the display with my helmet in order to see the number and it was still barely visible. Is there any way to make it brighter? The manual was no help and I couldn't find anything on line. If there isn't this is definitely a safety issue. my wife is 73 years old and doesn't need any sudden surprises.

Did you have the lights on? This, unfortunately dims the display. If not, in the advance settings you can adjust the display luminous. I have mine at 100%. To go to settings, press + and - at the same time. The manual is available online in the support section.

I was going to also but figured it would be helpful for the bike owners to know that up to date resources for their bikes are available online. There's also a YouTube video available. I'm a more independent type of guy and will do Google searches before posting, but like to help out. Now if I can get my old Evinrude 9.9 to start... :)

Thanks you all. Having the kd 218 manual was really helpful but not for the problem i described. The bike display was already at 100 % brightness. I was hoping I could change the color of the PAS value. She did have the lights on for daytime road safety which is kind of disappointing if making your bike visible makes your PAS invisible. Yes, I did the google search. That's how I got here in the first place. The owners manual for the bike doesn't even tell you what display make and model.is on the bike. Makes it kind of hard to google. My own bike is a mid drive conversion on a Specialized frame. The display is an 850c which is much more user friendly. If you get that Evinrude started let me know how you did it. I'm having the same problem with a generator. It's always the carburetor. Have you googled it yet?

I got a secondary (rechargeable) light I use for the front and cheap blinking red LED light on the rear rack so I don't have to use the bike's lights. It happened to me also the first time I went out. Couldn't see in what level PAS I was. Really should find a solution to that.
For the 9.9, I might have to take the carb apart and saw some Youtube just now. Complicated to get to it. There's an expert nearby that doesn't charge too much. I fixed my generator's carb this spring. It's not used a whole lot and I should start it once and a while. I had to replace the gaskets and it was cheaper to buy a new carb. Very easy fix and works great. Hum, I'm due to start it up.

Someone mentioned this problem before, and they were wearing sunglasses. Try it without sunglasses if you are wearing them.

Did you have the lights on? This, unfortunately dims the display. If not, in the advance settings you can adjust the display luminous. I have mine at 100%. To go to settings, press + and - at the same time. The manual is available online in the support section.
I would think you would want the dimming display with headlight on as an option

Back