Blix Aveny Display Issue

Tourista829

Hi, I decided to purchase a Blix Aveny for my wife from a local bicycle dealer. I felt, since she could test ride it, I could see if she liked it. I rather not deal with an online scenario return shipping and restocking fees.
Question for fellow Aveny or other Blix owners, the display showed about 3/4 left of battery power. When I plugged in the battery to charge it, I got a red and green light on charger. I charged it for awhile, the light did not switch to red only. On the battery, I showed 3 green and 1 red light. The display did but move up to full charge. She will ride the bike, and see if the display goes down. When it get to 1/4 full, we will recharge it and hope the battery indicator moved back up to full charge. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Bob

Hi, I decided to purchase a Blix Aveny for my wife from a local bicycle dealer. I felt, since she could test ride it, I could see if she liked it. I rather not deal with an online scenario return shipping and restocking fees.
Question for fellow Aveny or other Blix owners, the display showed about 3/4 left of battery power. When I plugged in the battery to charge it, I got a red and green light on charger. I charged it for awhile, the light did not switch to red only. On the battery, I showed 3 green and 1 red light. The display did but move up to full charge. She will ride the bike, and see if the display goes down. When it get to 1/4 full, we will recharge it and hope the battery indicator moved back up to full charge. Has anyone experienced this? Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. Bob

Hi Bob, 3 green and red light on the battery means fully charged, the green lights will disappear one by one until only the red light is left, which means it's time to charge. But don't hesitate to give our support team a call at 855-655-2549 and they'll assist with resolving anything you need!

Bob, where did you test ride an Aveny? I'm in Sacramento California and cannot get a test ride anywhere and Blix has not told me if I could even get one in Santa Cruz. My wife and I both want the Aveny but I don't want to buy without seeing or testing one. The re-stocking charge if we don't like it is 25% plus shipping costs. On two bikes, that's $750 for re-stocking and probably another $200 for shipping. Any suggestions?

I am thinking to buy one but I can't decide whether to buy Blix Aveny or Ariel Rider C-Class. Prices are similar but I feel mid-drive will be a better fit as I don't live in a flat area. How is your experience with Blix and hills.

Bob, where did you test ride an Aveny? I'm in Sacramento California and cannot get a test ride anywhere and Blix has not told me if I could even get one in Santa Cruz. My wife and I both want the Aveny but I don't want to buy without seeing or testing one. The re-stocking charge if we don't like it is 25% plus shipping costs. On two bikes, that's $750 for re-stocking and probably another $200 for shipping. Any suggestions?

We have a bicycle shop near us in St. Petersburg, Fl. called “The Bikery.” Even though they are no longer a dealer for Blix, they had two 2019 Aveny’s for sale. We put a deposit down on one and my wife rode it. She liked it very much. (Handle well, great power, decent range, and a lot of accessories that are already on the bike. The Blix Aveny, she purchased had some issues, (lost battery keys, faulty battery charger, battery not at 100% when it says 100%, and issues with the mechanical disc breaks) Other than the battery, the dealer really stepped up and sorted out most of the issues. I am sure there has to be some one, in your area, that have one and would let you ride their Aveny. I am surprised Blix doesn’t have one in their store in Santa Clara. Robert

I am thinking to buy one but I can't decide whether to buy Blix Aveny or Ariel Rider C-Class. Prices are similar but I feel mid-drive will be a better fit as I don't live in a flat area. How is your experience with Blix and hills.
I’m also looking at these 2. It’s tough to decide when you can’t test ride much of anything.

If you find a place, let me know. The place in Sonoma doesn’t really offer tests and the Santa Cruz headquarters is not offering test rides right now, but they say they can put you on a list. But my fear is by the time tests become available, one would miss out on the ability to order for the August shipping.

Steve, sorry I didn’t get back to you sooner. We rode one in St. Petersburg, Fl. at the Bikery. There has got to be someone, on the Blix Forum, that lives near you, that will let you ride an Aveny. We really like the bike a lot. It has smooth power and with an adjustment, on the display, can attain 25 miles an hour. Understand the concerns of not riding it first with Blix 20-25% restocking fee and $150 plus shipping fee. Where we live in Florida, we have very few hills. Although the bike has a 500 watt hub motor which peaks at 750 watt peak and 672 watts of battery power, not sure how it would do on steep long hills. I own a mid drive Electra Townie Commute Go 8i. I like the instant torque sensor assist verses the Cadence sensor but a mid drive motor is more expensive. My bike only has a 250 watt Bosch Performance motor. The Blix is very well thought out. Lots of accessories included. I like the outlet In the display to charge her phone. I like the bell integrated into the left brake lever. It has more power and is a Class 2 bike with a throttle. I like the 2” tires goes over most bumps ok. You can go 40 miles. You will feel like superman. It can cut through wind and climb most hills. In some ways I like it better than my $3000 Electra. If you ride it you will most likely purchase an Aveny.
DE679CD7-C508-4626-953B-B77A64CF5A06.png

Attachments

• FF545202-A163-48C0-BFE2-23C68CEDB2C3.jpeg
    FF545202-A163-48C0-BFE2-23C68CEDB2C3.jpeg
    385.7 KB · Views: 437
  • 72B07E7A-1AA6-43F5-A651-AAA3465FE18D.png
    72B07E7A-1AA6-43F5-A651-AAA3465FE18D.png
    455.9 KB · Views: 449
  • 61958CB9-5F1D-4E1F-B584-56D5B2D9A8B2.jpeg
    61958CB9-5F1D-4E1F-B584-56D5B2D9A8B2.jpeg
    123.9 KB · Views: 454
  • 84982325-38C1-4097-9206-027D1E653B3D.jpeg
    84982325-38C1-4097-9206-027D1E653B3D.jpeg
    435.4 KB · Views: 435
  • 323FFCF0-E8EB-45B8-B94C-5E42F05F7E91.png
    323FFCF0-E8EB-45B8-B94C-5E42F05F7E91.png
    323.7 KB · Views: 447
  • 802C6C1B-007B-4211-B86A-29B8B9BCBBAB.png
    802C6C1B-007B-4211-B86A-29B8B9BCBBAB.png
    656 KB · Views: 461
Thank you! This is helpful. I’ve looked at the forum, but am a bit nervous about asking someone to test their bike during current COVID conditions in Sacramento County. (Not the person who posted the Q first, but same city). We’re on an uptick!

Thank you all for your input. We're on the list for a test of Aveny when they come in. We're only about 4 hours from Santa Cruz and a test ride would be an extra reason to go to a place we love. Meanwhile, we bought two kayaks for the top of our Jeep and are using our regular Trek road bikes. I guess this will occur when it is meant to be. Stay safe and enjoy the ride.

Hi Steve 95648 and MommyisAlawyer, I ordered the Aveny for my wife. We are in Carmichael and when it arrives, would be happy to let you take a quick ride around the neighborhood. She's a Nurse Practitioner (UCDMC) so proper social distancing protocols will be observed. :)

I've gone a bit over the top with the ebike thing so we should have 3 other very different models here by the end of the month. I'll post here once the Aveny arrives and if your still interested, you can take it for a spin.

Last edited:
Hi Steve 95648 and MommyisAlawyer, I ordered the Aveny for my wife. We are in Carmichael and when it arrives, would be happy to let you take a quick ride around the neighborhood. She's a Nurse Practitioner (UCDMC) so proper social distancing protocols will be observed. :)

I've gone a bit over the top with the ebike thing so we should have 3 other very different models here by the end of the month. I'll post here once the Aveny arrives and if your still interested, you can take it for a spin.

Thank you so very much. I'll watch for your notification. Then we'll figure out how to contact off-line.

Back