Black Friday

I learned a long time ago that the "expensive" bags outlast the cheap ones 3 to 1. Although an inexpensive bag may look good and appear the same as costlier models, they rarely last. Zippers & pulls break, seams split, vinyl material cracks and the bag looses whatever waterproofing it may have had. If you do a lot of riding, buy the good quality brands.
Buy ANY Ortlieb bag and will easily outlive you...
https://ortliebusa.com/

Last edited:
It isn't necessarily a "black friday" thing, but a lot of local bike shops try to clear out inventory in November and December because very few people purchase bicycles in the winter months and they need to free up floor space for next year's models and for things like skis that they can sell in the winter months. This effect also strongly applies to big box retailers like REI.

So it probably won't hurt to go prowl in your local bike shop this weekend...

Again, right now I am more about bike stuff than a new e-bike. I am lusting after this spiffy handlebar bag and (Link Removed - No Longer Exists), both of which are unlikely to be discounted.
If you don't need something quite that big, I just saw these on sale direct from the manufacturer. (Second item here.)
Egress™ Pocket   Handlebar   Revelate Designs LLC.png
1543090093347.png

I missed out on some great bargains by waiting for the next evolution in ebikes, but I´m patient. I know it´s coming!

I missed out on some great bargains by waiting for the next evolution in ebikes, but I´m patient. I know it´s coming!
I had a hard time not pulling the trigger on a CCX at $300 off. My CCS is really just fine. Tora has done a good job of listening to consumers and adding our suggestions into the CCX. Upgraded controller, 52 V battery, the new 0 option on the PAS -- lots to like! But I just can't quite justify it when my CCS is such a good ride and I've only had it for 11 months. Like you say, John, maybe next Black Friday. :)

Like you say, John, maybe next Black Friday. :)

I´ve been keeping an eye on emerging technology on New Atlas. I think we´ll be seeing lighter batteries & motors
that are much smaller with a lot more power in the near future. I think we´re still in the ´model T´ stage of electric
transport, but things are moving forward very rapldly.

If you don't need something quite that big, I just saw these on sale direct from the manufacturer. (Second item here.)

Depending on which one you get, the Revelate Sweet Rolls are quite roomy and you can easily fit a sleepingbag and pad and some layers into it. I have some of the Revelate bags and rather like them for bikepacking trips. For touring I feel a decent handlebar bag or rando bag with a quick release is essential.

Depending on which one you get, the Revelate Sweet Rolls are quite roomy and you can easily fit a sleepingbag and pad and some layers into it. I have some of the Revelate bags and rather like them for bikepacking trips. For touring I feel a decent handlebar bag or rando bag with a quick release is essential.

I´ve re-purposed A half dozen bags found at Goodwill as bar bags in assorted sizes, all $5 or less, some are even thermal lined to keep things cold.
They have multiple pockets for filing things & are just as functional as any purpose-built product on the market.

Back